What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

looking to upgrade speakers and audio card.

Cadence

what would you guys recommend in terms of new card and speakers?
looking to game, listen to music, watch movies.

only in my room though, on my 22" lol

5.1 would be nice.
and i may be considering hooking up my computer to a mixer one day lol..just maybe.
so any recommendations? thanks!

enaberif

Do you have room to properly setup 5.1 speakers? If not your better off going with 2.1

Asus Sonar is a good card; Auzentech Prelude ; HT Omega Striker

Cranky

I'm partial to Logitech, not only are they a good product all around but they have a good warranty service.

If price is a concern then this 5.1 setup is nice:

NCIX.com - Buy Logitech G51 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System 155W RMS Black - 980-000100 In Canada.

If price is not a concern then this 5.1 is nice:

NCIX.com - Buy Logitech Z5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers 500W RMS SILVER-BLACK Analog Coax Optical - 970115-0403 In Canada.

As for your sound card I would go with the Asus Xonar DX, prior to this card I was using an X-FI, and I find the Xonar to be a superior card.

NCIX.com - Buy ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channel PCI-E Sound Card 24BIT Dolby Digital 116DB SNR W/ Low Profile Bracket - XONAR DX In Canada.

JD

Staff member

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
I got my Klipsh PMU 2's at London drugs, they sold them to me for $199. Last box.

what sets them apart from every other speaker out there is the sub. this may be the best sub woofer period. PC or Home theatre.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
^^ I've heard that from lot's of people.
The klipsh sub is sublime and fantasic. I have a $3800 Eden bass amp and I'm hard pressed to tell which sounds better.

Cranky

Pretty much the only good 5.1 setup for PCs is the Logitech Z-5500s now. I'd say the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 but it's not sold or manufactured anymore so you'd have to hunt for a used set probably.

The Z-5500s are cheaper at TigerDirect: Logitech Z-5500 THX Certified 5.1 505-watt Dolby Digital & DTS Hardware Decoding Speaker System 970115-0403 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca and sometimes they are on sale for $250 which is even better.

True, they may be cheaper at Tiger but NCIX will price match, and since he would be ordering from out of province, he would only have to pay GST.

Latest posts