What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

FS: Creative Zen Vision:M 30Gb, Sony Digital Cam, Thermaltake Big Typhoon, 120mm LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackquelegs

The 5GB volume fix was...beneficial by a tiny bit. Overall the volumes were still pretty low.

The Zen can blast it up very very high, even high enough for get through my high impedence Etymotic ER6C. Good thing there's a volume limiter function:punk:

miggs78

Weird - I've experienced none of that. I'm very pleased with my Zune, having upgraded from a 40GB Olympus m:robe. The Zune has very good sound quality, and excellent battery life - especially considering that I can charge it from any USB port. And believe me, I'm always within arm's reach of a USB port. As for the DRM issue, I will say the Zune's software is a bit clunky and buggy - but I have had no problems whatsoever related to DRM.

edit - @ Panzer ~ since I am unfamiliar with the Creative Zen... what software does one need to sync files?

Oh yea I can charge it with any USB port available. I have this weird issue going on, I charge it, listen to it for few hours, and before I shut it off the battery is much more than half. When I turn it back on the next day, it is dead. So I go to charge and repeat the whole process again.. I'll see if I can get a replacement, it is just getting a little annoying for me.

Creative Zen M w/ WP11.. hek ya :punk:

PanzerIV

Banned
^^ Dead things.. No hard feelings, but all I'll say is the Zune 80GB it is the maybe one of the worst mp3 players I have ever purchased, the battery life completely sucks, and the software had some kind of DRM issue in the middle, not sure if it was fixed, I wish I would have just bought a Zen M or even an iPod.
I 100% agree. There was such a buzz around the Zune and it had all the potential to annihilate the iPod but Microsoft failed miseribaly on their attempt to beat the iPod and only for ridiculous reasons. I only kept it 2 days then I sent it back for refund at BB. The look is the best I ever seen, it has a huge monitor, a touch pad that goes up/down like the Zen instead of in cercle like the iPod, long battery life and so on.... BUT!!!! The following point totaly make it pointless and even worse than your common 20$ mp3 player:
1- It doesn't display the houre anywhere. WTF #1.
2- You know... an mp3 player is mostly used to listen at music, unless I'm wrong.. well there's NO bass/treble settings AT ALL! That's my WTF #2.
3- Even worse... there's also NO settings at all for the equaliser. I only know Creative that let you customise your own equaliser each bars one by one. Well if at least the Zune would have got a few presets like (Rock, Techno, Vocals...) no no no... just NONE at all! Omg.. WTF #3.
4- Anyone with a Zen or iPod will know what I mean. When you are scroll in the list, you see all the letters on the right (A, B, C, D...) so you can click right on the letter first in order to get there much faster, you know? Well on the Zune there's nothing about this. You have 1 list with all the artirst and you gotta scroll like a crazy psycho all the way up and down to reach the song you want and trust me, when you have over 30Gb of mp3, it can be extremly long to get to your song, while on the Zen I can get anything within 5-8 seconds easily.

So for me it's good for garbage and I can't believe it passed the Microsoft's quality testing labs. No matter what you are stuck with terrible sound quality and I know what I'm saying cause I'm using as headphones, the (Sennheiser HD555). Oh and it was just even worse on the so called "Premium quality" earbudds that came with it.

The only problem however is that it freezes once every few weeks, since I skip songs a LOT. It could be that I dropped it from chest level down on the concrete several times.

Also surprisingly the battery life is still strong..even though I use and charge it every day. :ph34r:
I also had this freezing problem when skipping many songs quickly, thought it was kinda rare and would only happen when I would listen music randomly in my list of over 3000 mp3. Then I had the bright idea to look online for a firmware upgrade. I always update my dvd burner and router's firmware, my PC drivers and so on... so I seriously don't know why I didn't thought about my mp3 player any sooner. Once I upgraded it to the latest version, I had a few more useful feature such as "Volume limiter", it was much much faster and would no more freeze at all! God I was happy.

But for the battery life I can't say the same as you. I use daily since I have it and it's lasting much less time than it used to be 1-1.5 years ago. However it doesn't matter that much too me. The only thing is that now that it's going down quite quickly (It will never last a full week if you use it daily), you must not forget to charge it or else you could be having a bad suprise and no it's really not cool when you don't charge it at night cause you forget, then the next morning you do 1 step outside of the house only to have it die 2 seconds later and too late to charge it home cause you have to go at work so you are stuck 35min in the bus without music lol. That's why I always have my usb cable in my wallet so I can charge it once I'm on my workstation so at least I'll have music once I'll get back home. I noticed that you must not trust the battery indicator. The bar can be be at 75% but you right click then property on the mp3 player in Windows and you'll see it say that it's only at about 56%. When the bar show green and 1/4, understand it as a (One last more than 1 day, must charge it asap to avoid bad suprise) and if you see it red, then keep praying god and don't skip too much songs since it will take some juice out of the HDD and will make it die hehe.

So Panzer - I'll ask my wife (she's been looking for an mp3 player) and if she says go, I'll send you a PM if it's still available.
Nice! That's a good news. I doubt it will be gone any soon.. hell I should have posted on this forum much earlier, I'm glad someone over NCIX suggested it. I used to post only on RFD and it's been months without any success while here I'm already at 2 pages in my thread within 24 houres :shok:.

Good thing there's a volume limiter function:punk:
Yeah love it, from the latest firmware as before I used sometimes to "fall asleep" in the bus then cause my thumb was on the upper side of the touch pad, the volume would raise very quickly and it would blow my ears. I limited it to 16/32 which I find more than enough for 90% of the time. If you think you need any higher for ur headphones then its only because there's too much ambiant noise around you and you would be better to just stop listening music until it get quieter, instead of raising the volume even more and damaging your ears.

miggs78

LMAO... then you find out something really loud is heading your way, and you wake up freaked.. LOL Panzer I've done that few times lol :p

As for the song lists, I didn't find it too bad, go to artist, see music and play, quick playlist option is very handy. The only thing that sucks is, I loaded couple albums in there, and when you go to albums, it shows the album, but guess what it seperates the songs out, every song has the same album, but is individual, I mean like WTF..

And your right, no equaliser, also I felt the sound level on this thing isn't loud, compared to an iPod.
I wish I could sell mine, but we'll see..

Great price on it.. Good luck with the sale. .:)

Jackquelegs

Yeah my fingers might be touching the top of the touch pad when I'm skipping songs, and volume would come blasting! :bleh:

Taz

Hey all, new to this site. I was just thinking I've never really experimented with my Zen yet, bought the 30GB Vision: M in the summer/fall of 2006 or 2007, can't remember which. I actually scammed The Source because they tried to jerk me around and ended up getting 2 for the price of 1, which the girlfriend thought was nice, lol. Guess who got the second one...

Anyway, was searching for firmware updates, came across a couple interesting tidbits...mine's still 1.40 until I find out more about the upgrades, what do you guys have? Also, when I first opened the box there was an ad for some sites with some podcast type stuff or something, sponsored by Creative, but I can't seem to find it now, anyone know what I'm talking about? Any other neat things I can do with it? I've basically been using it as a replacement for my minidisk player, just throwing songs on it and hitting play is all so far. I'd love to know if you can customize, and how, the DJ so it plays songs based on their rating...if the ratings get copied over from WMP 11 that is. Also, I sync with WMP 11, got about 2500 songs on there, and it says it's full once it's done, even though it's only got about 11-12GB on it...any idea why that is?

Sniper

I was interested in the cam but there are lots of pics but none of the cam itself? Unless it's sold & you removed the pics? Also you don't do Paypal or EMT so I wouldn't buy from you then anyways as I don't do money in the mail thing cheque or otherwise it's less secure than your reason on a more than trustworthy site.

PanzerIV

Banned
Mine's still 1.40 until I find out more about the upgrades, what do you guys have? Also, when I first opened the box there was an ad for some sites with some podcast type stuff or something, sponsored by Creative, but I can't seem to find it now, anyone know what I'm talking about?
Hehe, I still have that box with all the paper and promo crap that there was inside. Even though it said we could have some free music, I never used it yet and prolly never will. Maybe its good after all but most of the time its just useless. For the firmware well.. I have the latest one that's all I know lol. Go on Creative website > Support > Downloads then you know what to do.

I was interested in the cam but there are lots of pics but none of the cam itself? Unless it's sold & you removed the pics? Also you don't do Paypal or EMT so I wouldn't buy from you then anyways as I don't do money in the mail thing cheque or otherwise it's less secure than your reason on a more than trustworthy site.
Well, when I've done it I only had one camera back then so it would had been kinda difficult to take a picture from all angles of the cam by using the same one to take the pictures lol. Now sure I could take my new one and take pictures of the Sony one so you see it's in perfect condition without any scratches but I honnestly don't feel at all like taking my time to do it since you said that anyway you wouldn't buy from me. By the way if it would had been sold I would have updated my thread and removed the item so if its still there its cause its not sold yet :bleh:

For 100% of the deals I've done with people they always used Money Order, never had any problems, others would come in person with real cash.. I never had to do anything else. I don't like having money going through the net. Sure you would have no proof and it is not recomanded to put real money in a letter but there's really no way btw to get rip off with a money order since you have the proof that the money do goes to me and that no one else than me can cash it. So it's two protection, even better than certified cheque. However I did COD "Cash On Delevery" 2 or 3 times. I just don't really like it because I gotta send the item before I receive the money.. but worse is that if the buyer is a complete idiot who decide to change idea after I've sent the item so that he refuses once the delevery guy ask him X$ for the package, it will be sent back to me but I will have already paid for shipping so I would have lost time and about 10$.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=

PS: I've added a high-end gaming mouse for sale and lowered the cpu heatsink of 5$.

G

Well, when I've done it I only had one camera back then so it would had been kinda difficult to take a picture from all angles of the cam by using the same one to take the pictures lol. Now sure I could take my new one and take pictures of the Sony one so you see it's in perfect condition without any scratches but I honnestly don't feel at all like taking my time to do it since you said that anyway you wouldn't buy from me. By the way if it would had been sold I would have updated my thread and removed the item so if its still there its cause its not sold yet :bleh:

Add the Images or remove it from the thread. Those are the rules for everyone.
24 Hour Notice

PanzerIV

Banned
Pictures of the Sony camera will be added before 10:00pm tonight, as well as pictures of my Razer Lachesis gaming mouse. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts