What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for Noctua NC-U6 Chipset Cooler Review

G

Noctua NC-U6 Chipset Cooler review is posted.

Here is the Link to the original.

Please feel free to post your comments and questions in this thread.

Supergrover

Last edited by a moderator:

Moneyless

Nice review. :thumb:

It basically looks like a Thermalright HR-05, without the Nickel plating.

Hmm. Wonder how it would stack up against the HR-05 / HR-05 SLI? I'd say probably pretty much the same, but I think the HR-05 SLI might be a bit bigger, because it's made to accomodate 70mm and 80mm fans.

Time to give Thermalright a call. lol

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
I've installed 3 HR-05-SLIs lately. I like the fact that being offset, it clears any video card very easily when rotated 90*. The only issue is the bending moment on the bracket - a single tye-wrap takes care of that. And yes, the HR-05-SLI can accomodate 60-to-80mm fans.

MAC

Associate Review Editor
Good review!

I suspect people who's chipset is located dead-center on the motherboard would also encounter cleareance issues, particularly if they have a 'heatpipe tower' CPU cooler.

I know that with a DS3 & Ultra-120, I couldn't install a Thermalright HR-05.

I have a feeling the HR-05-SLI might work, but it would likely graze the top of my video card :doh:

G

I've had one of these since its release (November?). Its a pretty decent, but an HR-05 is still better.
Yeah I think I might pick one up to see how much of a difference there would be, the TR has more surface area and accommodates a larger fan size so I assume it would get a bit better temps.
:whistle:

b1lk1

I've had one for some time and love it. Can't say I've ever monitored the temps very much, but it sure beats the hell out of the passive northbridge cooler my mobo came with.

lowfat

Staff member
Yeah I think I might pick one up to see how much of a difference there would be, the TR has more surface area and accommodates a larger fan size so I assume it would get a bit better temps.
:whistle:

I'd go for it, but do not pay $30. I do believe through the ncix member sale it was like $16.

Latest posts