What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

FaHMON: Cannot Connect To Server

LCB001

Wouldn't the 9800 GX2 be similar in its setup? I mean two PCB's on one card? If that is the case.... my cards works with both cores and I run Vista X64! Just follow the multiple GPU setup guide on here. Good luck! :thumb:
For some reason it has the same problems as the 4870X2 has with Vista x64, nothing but unstable machine errors on the second GPU. I`ve checked several forums and can not find anybody with it working yet, my guess is driver`s...

Prof. Dr. Silver

Hmmmm.... I was running Vista x86 yesterday and had the same issues with both 180.48 and the newer 181.20, tons of EUE's. I just switched to x64 and 178.13 and have yet to encounter any issues! (Knock on wood...)

LCB001

Hmmmm.... I was running Vista x86 yesterday and had the same issues with both 180.48 and the newer 181.20, tons of EUE's. I just switched to x64 and 178.13 and have yet to encounter any issues! (Knock on wood...)
The 178.xx`s still seem to be the most stable vista drivers, I think 181.20 is required for the new cards, I could be mistaken on that. I`m using 178.13 on rig1 and 178.24 on rig2 with no problems so far...

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Even with a modded .INF file, I can't get the 295 to work with the older drivers since there just isn't a profile for the way the two cards communicate with one another. Believe it or not, the communication between the two cores on the 295 is slightly different from the GX2 which is probably why the usual multi GPU setup guide doesn't work.

Eagle Eye

Still a noob when it comes to folding, where are you guys pulling this stat from the logfile?

Edit: I see entirely different client, answered it myself. :haha:

EE

Last edited:

Latest posts