What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

Killswitch

Nice to see an AMD build-makes for a slightly out of teh ordinary color scheme too with teh red accents. The case is pretty roomy but how cramped is that PSU- is the air able to get into it?
The case is pretty big, and as for the psu...... it's not as bad as it looks. lol
There is a lot of air flow coming out the back of the psu BUT it's fairly warm. I'm going to try flipping it around and see how that works out.
There are three 120's sucking air from the front and a fourth 120 on the side panel so the case has quite a bit of intake.

Eagle Eye

Lol is that an 80mm fan attachment at the top? I see potential there for 2 120mm cut outs.

Looks good there Killswitch, haven't made the jump to Phenom II yet or waiting for the AM3's?

EE

Killswitch

Lol is that an 80mm fan attachment at the top? I see potential there for 2 120mm cut outs.

Looks good there Killswitch, haven't made the jump to Phenom II yet or waiting for the AM3's?

EE
Thanks for the compliment EE. Haha and yeah that's a hole for an 80mm fan. It's gone because I couldn't stand the noise from it and I've been looking for a hole saw to buy so I can put some 120's in the top too, along with 2x120 rad in the future. lol

Those Phenom II's are tempting but I just got this 9950 (for $189+ tax and shipping from NCIX) in October so..... you're right again! I decided to wait for AM3's.

Babrbarossa, the PSU flip is a no go. The 8 pin CPU cable won't reach. :sad:

Last edited:

Boat

Hey guys I rarely post a lot, hopefully this image isn't too big HAHA. Anyways so this is the first REAL cable management attempt my friend and I tried on my CM690 case. If you look closely you can see we used a 24 pin extension to give the cord the extra length needed to make it behind the back of the mobo. Hopefully my pic can help other people work on cable management on a 690.. My next step would be to start drilling, but that won't be till summer!!

pkk.JPG

Last edited:

Chilly

I'm loving all the SilverStone PSU's I'm seeing in this Thread, Impervio, Etasis, and Enhance(in that order) based PSU's FTW!

Eagle Eye

Looking good :thumb:

Do you actually have a fan in the bottom? I had to remove the bracket just make enough room for all the connections. What kind of temps are you getting with the Tuniq tower and at what speed/voltage?

EE

cork45

Looking good :thumb:

Do you actually have a fan in the bottom? I had to remove the bracket just make enough room for all the connections. What kind of temps are you getting with the Tuniq tower and at what speed/voltage?

EE

Yes i have the fan in the bottom, it should work for you we have the same psu's,
I don't know my temps i'll have to check and post them later.

Latest posts