What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

1Tanker

Welcome to HWC, Toronto122. :biggrin: Very nice machine. Nice job on the SATA cable mod...less looping cables. :thumb:

Toronto122

Welcome to HWC, Toronto122. :biggrin: Very nice machine. Nice job on the SATA cable mod...less looping cables. :thumb:

Thanks...glad to be here...
Yeah, the rig works pretty well, I'm just in the process of overclocking it...it's taking some time to get it right though. Lots of variables.

I did the same mod for the hard drive power cables too...that turned out pretty good as well.

sswilson

Staff member
Did you sleeve the Sata Power cables yourself? They look great!

If you did sleeve them yourself, how did you find the latching mechanism on the connectors?

I did some dry runs on sata power connectors using some molex-sata adapters and found that they pretty well self destructed when I tried to take them apart. I'd be interested in your experience.

sswilson

Staff member
** WARNING** Experienced case management peoples may want to cry after seeing the following pic

:shok::shok::shok:

I'm marking this one for our end-year "understatement of the year" award. :)

I do understand your reluctance to mess with it if it's working fine though.

G

Did you sleeve the Sata Power cables yourself? They look great!

If you did sleeve them yourself, how did you find the latching mechanism on the connectors?

I did some dry runs on sata power connectors using some molex-sata adapters and found that they pretty well self destructed when I tried to take them apart. I'd be interested in your experience.
ConnectX Pro SATA Power Connector - Black Products Model: CZ-SATA-BK [CZ-SATA-BK] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Toronto122

it was very easy, you peel the tops off the connectors, pull the wires out of the connectors, measure, and snap the wires back into the plugs. You use a #2 flat screwdriver to seat the wires, they have to be all the way to the bottom of the connector.

Also, start at the middle wire and work out.

This is the link I found when I decided to do this.
PSU SATA Power Cable Mod/Sleeving

Latest posts