What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Innovation Cooling 7 Carat Diamond TIM Test results thread *NOW ACCEPTING RESULTS!!*

Nademon

Innovation Cooling 7 Carat Diamond TIM Test results thread (goes live April 1, 2009)

PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY BEFORE TESTING/POSTING YOUR IC7 RESULTS!!!

:canadianwave::canadianwave::canadianwave:

RESULTS THREAD IS NOW LIVE!!!

PLEASE ONLY POST WITH RESULTS WHEN YOU HAVE FULL RESULTS, OTHERWISE YOUR POST MAY NOT BE SEEN BY ALL IF YOU RESERVE THE POST FOR LATER RESULTS WITH IC7. PEOPLE TEND TO GO TO THE NEWEST POST, SO IF YOU WANT IT TO BE SEEN BY ALL, POST YOUR RESULTS ONCE YOU HAVE THEM ALL. ALL OTHER DISCUSSION/SUPPORT POSTS, GO RIGHT AHEAD!!

PLEASE BE SURE TO BENCHMARK YOUR CPU TEMPS WITH YOUR CURRENT TIM AND RECORD YOUR RESULTS BEFORE USING IC7 FOR TESTING. WE NEED BEFORE AND AFTER PLEASE! :thumb:

ALSO, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DON'T CHANGE ANY VARIABLE OTHER THAN THE THERMAL COMPOUND USED FOR BEFORE/AFTER (I.E. SAME VOLTS/CLOCKS, COOLER, AND OTHER HARDWARE)

APPLICATION METHOD

For all those participating in the IC7 giveaway, please follow this link to the Innovation Cooling website:

Innovation Cooling

Proper application is the key to this product. The nature and consistency of this product is likely quite different from what most of you are used to in a Thermal Compound. Don't use traditional methods of applying the TIM like razor blades, lines, x's, etc. Through extensive testing, the best application method has been determined to be a pea sized amount directly in the center of the CPU. The TIM should be adequately spread via the downforce of the CPU cooler (a sufficient amount of downforce will provide best results; minimum 50psi of downforce should be the goal for optimum results. please see the Innovation Cooling website for more info). Also, for coolers/surfaces that have many peaks and valleys, it may be beneficial to wet the surface(s) with a small amount of IC7 to initially fill the voids in the mounting surfaces...then proceed with recommended application as usual. Please click on the link below for application methodology and shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Keep in mind, IC7 has been formulated with the specific goals of providing superb thermal conductivity with short set times, but also for long term stability and performance without pump/bakeout through extended thermal cycling or usage. This stuff is very stable over long periods of time.

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS

Please do feel free to navigate through the whole Innovation Cooling website as there is tonnes of information on there that might prove beneficial.

HOW TO POST RESULTS

THE FORMAT IS AS FOLLOWS (ALL TEMPS IN C):

OPTIONAL INFO:
PROCESSOR, VOLTS/CLOCKS, HEATSINK/COOLING USED, ETC.

Pre-IC7
Compound:
Abient Temp:
Idle Temp:
Load Temp:

IC7
Ambient Temp:
Idle Temp:
Load Temp:

If you have any problems or need support, please feel free to post here for now. The goal is to get all this info posted in the results thread which I will create shortly and ask Gav to sticky also. Remember, proper application and good even heatsink pressure (goal should be minimum of 50psi or more) are crucial for peak performance. Too much or too little compound will impact your results so please do visit the Innovation Cooling website for Application Instructions with images and explanations. There is a direct link in the second post in this thread. For those with direct touch heatpipe coolers, you might want to try wetting the contact surface of the cooler with a tiny amount of IC7 to fill any small voids before proceeding with the normal application method.

:canadianwave:

Last edited:

Jonwall

Pre-IC7
Compound: Whatever came with my vendetta 2
Abient Temp: 18
Idle Temp: 29
Load Temp: 46

IC7
Ambient Temp: 18
Load Temp: 44

2 degrees lower under load, sometimes goes down to 43 or up to 45 but not for long. Idle temps remained the same as my previous tim

Last edited:

slntdth93

Pre-IC7
Compound:
Arctic Cooling MX-2
Ambient Temp:
Idle Temp:
Load Temp:

IC7
Ambient Temp:
Idle Temp: 32 :shok:(just mounted mind you)

Other Data
Heatsink: OCZ Vendetta 2 + Bolt-thru Kit + Scythe S-Flex F
vbimghost.php
356449c2aae39d300.bmp

Amazing. I even though i messed up the mount :rofl:

Last edited:

Lpfan4ever

My set-up:
CPU Block - EK Supreme Acetal
North Bridge Block - Swiftech MCW30
Radiator - Swiftech MCR220QP Dual 120MM Tri Cools @ high speed setting, custom painted white
Reservoir - Swiftech MicroRES V2
Pump - Danger Den DD-CP Pro
Tubing - Primochill Primoflex 1/2" ID / 3/4" OD Tubing, Black w/ 3/4" UV Reactive Red Anti-Kinking Coils
Coolant - Distilled Water, with Switech Hydrx Additive

Loops order is: Pump<Rad<CPU<NB<Res<Pump
hardware.jpg

Results with MX-2:
Ambient - Approx 20C
Idle - Core 0/1 - 32C
Core 2/3 - 29C
Load - Core 0/1 - 41C
Core 2/3 - 38C

Results with IC7:
Ambient - Approx 21C
Idle - Core 0/1 - 31
Core 2/3 -29
Load - Core0/1 - 39
Core2/3 -36

So, results here are basically no change with idle temps, and load temps gave me 2C cooler results. I also have a feeling that my bedroom has warmed up a tad bit since I tested the MX-2, so there may have been more of a difference that way.

CasheKicker

Pre-IC7
Compound:
Artic Coolin MX2
Ambient Temp:
23Deg C
Idle Temp: 41 - 38
Load Temp:
57 - 52

Pre-IC7
Compound:
Silver Stone
Abient Temp:
Idle Temp: 42 - 38
Load Temp:
57 - 53

IC7

Ambient Temp:
Idle Temp:
40 -38
Load Temp: 55 - 50

Other Data
Heatsink: ThermalRight Ultra 120, with Single Noctua NF-P12 (pushing)
System - Rig #1, Stock Clocks.
Test Method - OCCT CPU Test, Default settings.

Last edited:

Nademon

Pre-IC7
Compound: Whatever came with my vendetta 2
Abient Temp: 18

IC7
Ambient Temp: 18
Idle Temp: tba
Load Temp: 44

2 degrees lower under load, sometimes goes down to 43 or up to 45 but not for long. Probably going to have idle temps tomorrow after idling the pc all night.

I also used it on a Vendetta2 with a E3110 but i seemed to have gotten a larger change in temps. Did you try wetting the underside of the Vendetta2 first to fill in the small gaps in between the heatsinks? I did it that way and I can't remember the exact figures, but I know I got more than an 8C difference under load. The E3110 is was OC'd to 4Ghz with a bit over 1.4v.

And slntdth93, those are some great results!! that seems in line with what I got with a Vendetta2.

Also, besides regular support/discussion posts, I think it would be best if everyone make a results post when they actually have results. Usually people just go to the newest posts so if you're reserving a post for later results, they may not get seen by everyone once the thread has tonnes more pages.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Jonwall

I also used it on a Vendetta2 with a E3110 but i seemed to have gotten a larger change in temps. Did you try wetting the underside of the Vendetta2 first to fill in the small gaps in between the heatsinks? I did it that way and I can't remember the exact figures, but I know I got more than an 8C difference under load. The E3110 is was OC'd to 4Ghz with a bit over 1.4v.

And slntdth93, those are some great results!! that seems in line with what I got with a Vendetta2.

Also, besides regular support/discussion posts, I think it would be best if everyone make a results post when they actually have results. Usually people just go to the newest posts so if you're reserving a post for later results, they may not get seen by everyone once the thread has tonnes more pages.:biggrin:

I actually did lol, but didnt plan on it. I had to reapply it so i just sort of pushed it all into the cracks, im sure i could have done a better job if i was planning on doing that in the first place. And also my cpu only has a very slight oc atm, 3.25ghz vs 3ghz. Never thought to get some 3.6ghz temps before i removed the old stuff :(
Ill do some digging around in my old posts on some forums to see if i can get the temps i had under max oc with the old stuff and compare it, it wont be a direct comparison because conditions would have been different but it should give people a vague idea of how well this stuff performs under higher loads.

ASharp

I haven't gotten all of the results yet but I'll post what I have so far with my current TIM. I should have some IC7 results later tonight at which point I'll update this post. To stress the CPU I used Prime95's small FFT test. To stress the GPU, I ran FurMark.

Pre-IC7 (CPU)
Compound: Arctic Cooling MX-2
Ambient Temp: 22C
Idle Temp: 33C
Load Temp: 50C

Pre-IC7 (GPU)
Compound:
Arctic Cooling MX-2
Idle Temp: 39C
Load Temp: 69C

IC7 (CPU)
Idle Temp: 32C
Load Temp: 48C

IC7 (GPU)
Ambient Temp: 24C
Idle Temp: 38C
Load Temp: 69C

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 920 @ 3.5GHz, 1.425v
CPU Cooling: Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer with Yate Loon D12SL-12
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 @ 650/1025
GPU Cooling: Akasa Vortexx Neo

Tests were run in an Antec P182 case with side panel off.

Last edited: