What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

4DoorGTZ

Looks like "Team FTL" has had their points Zero'd... a great idea as Stanford will continue to get the completed work and benefit from it, but their means to garner the points were against the 'rules" and such they've been booted for good. It would have been a waste to just wipe em 'cuz lots of completed wu with scientific value are still getting turned in.

sswilson

Staff member
Looks like "Team FTL" has had their points Zero'd... a great idea as Stanford will continue to get the completed work and benefit from it, but their means to garner the points were against the 'rules" and such they've been booted for good. It would have been a waste to just wipe em 'cuz lots of completed wu with scientific value are still getting turned in.

What exactly were they doing? Did they have some form of setup to install FAH without the person's knowledge?

zlojack

What were they doing? (sorry, I'm not informed on the rules and how this stuff works :sad:)

4DoorGTZ

Edit, not Zero'd but 102million point Penalty.

Stanford removes Team FTL - Dev Hardware

Included fah with a game crack and implied in their instructions it was needed to make the crack work, so unsuspecting ppl were folding without their knowledge. I would guess stanford has eliminated the pts from this endeavour (102m) and I really hope invalidated any future points from the users in question. (wasnt the whole team)

So they're not dead, just got a good punch to the gut.

Chilly

What were they doing? (sorry, I'm not informed on the rules and how this stuff works :sad:)

Some Piracy group included F@H in with their game crack. They made it essential(or at least seem so) for the crack to work.

4DoorGTZ

If you read the member list of Team FTL, you can see the #1 entry for username for ppl installing the crack was nothing (anonymous) and when they read the instruction that said to put in any username you like, the second most common one was literally "any username you like" So right there, those 2 users are obviously via the crack.... but how do they know the entire rest of the team is not still from the crack? If ppl are so stupid as to put "any username you like" as their username then the majority would put a real username, "alex" "joe" "cooldude" whatever might seem like legit users but still stupid to install fah thinking it was needed for the crack.

I think they're gonna have to do more down the road, this penalty looks like something to quiet the masses (other teams) for a while. I think the whole team should go the way of Default and Google.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Its all in the good of science really. I say get rid of the team, and any folding WUs that come in (and still doing science) get added to the default team. The real folders there will just create a new team or join others.

Latest posts