What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BOINC - Rosetta @ Home New Thread

cwestwell

I must admit I let my own account drop quite a bit...I just got some really really big power bills after having my 2 PC's crunching non stop at home...one has remained shutoff for sometime and my primary PC is back to running for a couple hours before power saving enables. I have scaled back a little at the college as well as I have been busy with other work related projects...and lest we forget Mighty Dalton who was once responsible for almost a 1/3 of our RAC is riding in the 4K range these days. Perhaps we were just lucky and cursed to have grown so fast and rose through the ranks like no other that we had not really reached a sustainable RAC level for our small member team. Perhaps the big 2 top positions demoralized some from trying to reach the top...hmmm I still am sad we never saw 100K RAC after getting so close.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Sorry Chilly, but I've had my share of issues with BOINC, and my rigs are stricly folding ATM.

Chilly

Sorry Chilly, but I've had my share of issues with BOINC, and my rigs are stricly folding ATM.

:sad: <- That emoticon is all I have to say to you right now. :haha:

At least the CPU cycles are going are still being out to good use. One day we might get you crunching again :thumb:

cwestwell: I think the reasoning is just that people lost the spirit of competition, without that spirit of competition I guess it became stale for most people. I always found BOINC much more elegant than the Folding @ Home client.

Come on people, we need you guys to CRUNCH FOR ROSETTA @ HOME! Put those CPU cycles to use! :canadianwave:

LCB001

:sad: <- That emoticon is all I have to say to you right now. :haha:

At least the CPU cycles are going are still being out to good use. One day we might get you crunching again :thumb:

cwestwell: I think the reasoning is just that people lost the spirit of competition, without that spirit of competition I guess it became stale for most people. I always found BOINC much more elegant than the Folding @ Home client.

Come on people, we need you guys to CRUNCH FOR ROSETTA @ HOME! Put those CPU cycles to use! :canadianwave:
It's unfortunate that our RAC is dropping but these things seem to go in cycles. It was all F@H at first, then it had problems and Rosetta came along at the right time and everyone switched over. Recently Rosetta has had problems and everyone is going back to F@H, I'm sure things will even out eventually.

As the site grows hopefully we will have enough members to keep both F@H and Rosetta as well as our fledgling Seti team going strong, and maybe expand into WCG...

Scratch

lol when we started it was like 7 of us on the team and we were still kicking butt. Folding is a cyclical thing and we'll get back up there soon enough. I only have one machine running myself as I have been unemployed for a while but hope to be back in the black with a new build forthcoming for Christmas :)

Jon_di2

I used to have my work comps folding but I changed jobs so I only really have one comp going at it right now. Even that, Its been off quite a bit lately :sad:

NCIx is RMAing a mobo for my 2nd comp though, so I should be BOINCing a bit better soon, but not going to be back up to 3000 RAC without my work comps :sad:

Jon_di2

Thanks, I'm pretty much out of the game now. Too many errors, not to mention the AC unit in the lab blew or something, so when the room hit 35 degrees cause the heat couldn't escape... my saga may have come to an end. We'll see. But for now, you win. I wonder how long it will take you to catch me.. haha

Its too bad Daltons comps went down, thats where the real big hit came from:sad:

Chilly

Its too bad Daltons comps went down, thats where the real big hit came from:sad:

We can always make it up :biggrin:, we just need some fresh blood, and a bit of competition. :haha:

Hummmm, that gives me an idea.... :ph34r:

crazyhorsejohnny

How long does it take you to do a Rosetta Mini 1.54 ? Takes me on avg about 2hrs 50min. That about normal for a stock E6850?

Inik

Folding Team
You can set the task's time in your preference. Personnally, I set it to 8 hours.. don't really have a reason lol.

I'm back to BOINC since I couldn't remember to quit the smp client correctly! I had to delete my work folder each time grrrr... 10 hours down the drain :angry2:

Boinc is really more simple! install and let it run!

Latest posts