What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Post Your Desk

LionRed

All five monitors off one PC? or multiple PC's? Nice and neat given the amount of equipment.

Thnks

2 PC's. One is triple monitor display (when crossfire not enabled), 2nd is dual monitor. Both controlled with one mouse and keyboard (thnks to Multiplicity software).

One computer in behind the door of the desk (on the right), with 2 120mm fans sucking air out the top back (had to cut the holes). 2 80mm holes cut along the lower inside corner (foot area), for air to come in. The other computer in inside doorway on the right side. Hole in wall for cabling to go through... for the 2 17" CRT monitors.

There is actually a third computer in the setup ...not shown in this picture. Doing stability testing on it....15" monitor is on top of one of the 17's. All 3 computers are controlled via the Keyboard and mouse shown in front of the 24" monitor.

Current project is triple display via TripleHead2go...I want to game with triple display in COD4. Have to buy 3 22" monitors...currently saving up for them.

biff

Current project is triple display via TripleHead2go...I want to game with triple display in COD4. Have to buy 3 22" monitors...currently saving up for them.

Ooooo... you got me thinking now. I have a 24" straddled by two 20"ers. Seen any screen shots of that? Does it expand out the sides or just stretch the image and cut off the top&bottom to maintain aspect ratio?

LionRed

Ooooo... you got me thinking now. I have a 24" straddled by two 20"ers. Seen any screen shots of that? Does it expand out the sides or just stretch the image and cut off the top&bottom to maintain aspect ratio?

Works best when monitors are all the same size....and 3 22" @ 1680x1050 each is the largest res (w/e that res works out to be) TripleHead supports. Could go with 24" but from what I can understand....things get squishy looking/feeling with 3 24's due to the Triple head not supporting 3 24's at 1920x1200 (maybe someone in the know can better explain it). I am a little nervous about buying 2 more 24's and it feeling squishy....so I will probably go with 22"s. It'd be best if you did some searching ...as I am still in the learning about it as well.

Realityshift....yes it is a footrest that can tilt forward or back....I got it with my chair. And my back has never felt better leaving my desk after hours of playing games :bananafunky:...My old Walmart special was killing me :censored:

biff

From my experience running monitors at a slightly different res than it's native (i.e. 1680x1050 vs. 1920x1200) looks like crap so it sounds like the 3x22" monitors is the best choice.

tzetsin

Thnks

I'm currently an owner of a triplehead2go with 3 samsung 1600 x 1050 22" monitors and i want to let you know that gaming with the 3 extra wide monitors is less than satisfactory. your better off with 3 19" monitors. Almost every game i've played has been distorted (stretched so chars look short and fat.) @ 3840 x 1024 and 4080 x 768 which are currently the largest resolutions allowed under windows vista.

lowfat

Staff member
0o0o0o A BeyondTV + HD PVR user. What revision HD PVR do you use? I swear that thing is more trouble than it is worth.

Latest posts