What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for HD 4890 & GTX 275 Reviews

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Today marks the release of not one but TWO graphics cards targeting the $300-$375 price bracket here in Canada: the ATI HD 4890 1GB and the GTX 275. As such, we have two reviews for you!!

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...6400-nvidia-geforce-gtx-275-896mb-review.html

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...16365-sapphire-radeon-hd-4890-1gb-review.html

Please use this thread to post all of your comments about these two reviews.

ENJOY!!!!

:canadianwave:

GTX275-12.jpg
HD4890-29.jpg

Last edited:

Chilly

Mysterious eh? I wonder what it might be a 4890? 4770? Something else? :haha:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
They're up. Phew.

5 days, 45 pages, 200+ benchmark runs. Fun times. :biggrin:

Chilly

Well the review of the GTX 275 vs HD 4890 links here.... :haha: Mystery solved?

Alright, now that I've read the review, it seems like they trade blows all around, doesn't seem to be a clear cut winner here. The 4890 does have the ace that its hard launch, but it seems to be a high power consumer while idle, sure its load consumption is GREAT, but most people spend their time idling their video cards. Long story short? Its a mixed bag on both sides.

My opinion? It comes down to what type of games you play, and your budget. It really seems to be split down the middle, with ATi better at some games, while the nVidia at others. In the end though the 4890 looks like it edges out slightly, even if only due to its overclocking potential:)shok:), and the fact that you can buy it right now(not a paper launch). Its an interesting refresh, on both sides, none the less.

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Please note that due to a last minute artwork change, we did not receive the same box which Sapphire will be shipping if HD 4890 in. As such, the exterior packaging picture showing the front was supplied to us directly from Sapphire.

It looks like you blurred out the right side of the photo. Can you release the reason why Sapphire requested the change?

Chilly

It looks like you blurred out the right side of the photo. Can you release the reason why Sapphire requested the change?

I'd assume its because they changed the artwork on the side of the card/box... :ph34r:

I would guess its so people don't look at the review and then buy the card and go "hey the sticker is different", there are people out there, believe it or not, who would complain about that. :haha:
the chart of gtx 275 shows 896mhz... isn't it 896gb?

You mean MB? :whistle:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I'd assume its because they changed the artwork on the side of the card/box... :ph34r:

I would guess its so people don't look at the review and then buy the card and go "hey the sticker is different", there are people out there, believe it or not, who would complain about that. :haha:

I gathered because the art got changed :blarg: :doh:

I was hoping for some more sinister reason. :sad: You know, boobies showing, copyright etc

Latest posts