What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Nademon

If that was with your first rig in sig, as far as I know ATi cards still need a cpu core for themselves. If your Folding on both cores of the X2 thats half your cores taken, supposedly the new drivers will help with this problem. If you went Nvidia on Vista it would use about 3% of your quad, then you could get ~2300 to 3400 ppd SMP depending on WU.

BTW your ppd has gone way up lately, you can't be getting 30,000+ ppd on what's in your sig...

Edit/ You might want to try this to reduce cpu usage ATI Folders- Want to drastically reduce your CPU load? - Xtreme CPU

@ ST; Nice to see you getting some good news for a change...:thumb:

I was referring to the second rig in my sig, but I forgot to update it. It's got 2 9800GX2's now with a stock E3110 on a P5KE. Though the cpu usage doesn't seem like much, when I add an SMP client, I notice the PPD on my cards suffers even with a change in priority or cpu usage set to a lower number in the config setup.

I knew it would be a problem with the ATI card, so I never bothered with that one. Also, last rig in sig now has a pair of 8800GTS's in it too. Plus I temporarily have my HTPC build running an 8800GT folding for now, so that'll explain the extra PPD.

Hmm thought it was EVGA , or at least thats what I read. But yeah Always, same card going the distance to everyone lol!

I'll post some pics once I make the exchange and its in its new home :)

ST

The card is in fact an EVGA, so you're right about that. I'll email you just now and we can work out a meetup!

Soultribunal

Staff member
OKay Nademon, I'll have to pickup the email tommorow, as I"m off to job #2 :)

Hopefully though we can work it out for sometime before teh weekend so I can get started again with the Team :)

ST

Nademon

wait...now that I think about it, my PPD seems kinds low for the hardware. Here's what I was thinking:

2x 9800GX2's = ~18000 PPD
2x 8800GTS's = ~9000 PPD
1x 4870X2 = ~6500 PPD

so, shouldn't I be getting in the 40K (and I think my PPD estimates are in line) range even without SMP or my 8800GT doing some temp folding duty?

Silvgearx

^

thats kinda low for a 8800GTS, i though those babies do 6900k-8000k per gpu :sad:

:doh: it must be the 8800gts G80

Alwaysrun

*sigh here we go again with the 511's. Also the 384s,and 353s are rolling in again. My recent OC for the lower heat producing 768s and 1888s crapped out on the 384s and 511s so I had to lower my shader clocks. boo!

Silvgearx

*sigh here we go again with the 511's. Also the 384s,and 353s are rolling in again. My recent OC for the lower heat producing 768s and 1888s crapped out on the 384s and 511s so I had to lower my shader clocks. boo!

Man i am so confuse with the above post.

I do see the numbers jump from 300-700 :shok: and those 5900PPDs are no more for me. right now i am stuck with 4500-5200PPD on the FAHmon.

Anyone know where i can find more info about those PT?

Nademon

I got the 512mb 8800GTS's, so g92. I always thought they were in the 4-5K PPD range. i've never heard of them doing over 6K, but I'm not sure. So, if those numbers are correct, my PPD should be higher, but it's a pretty recent change for me so I'll be watching it closely. And everytime I see a 511WU, my blood pressure goes up!!

Edit:

Just checked my points on the extreme charts and I'm almost at 30K for today, so seems like the PPD is getting to where it should be.

Nademon

thanks man! You have no idea how long it took me to get the 2 gx2's to fold at the same time. I was ready to give up at one point...and all it took was a fresh vista install, ages setting up the rig just the way I like it, and convincing myself not to take a sledgehammer to the thing!

Latest posts