What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Could not connect to Work Server (results)

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H has been giving me this message for 36 hours now - I have read some info on this, shut down the service, restarted the rig, but Life is still the same.

Am I the only one in that boat, or others are having the same issue?

Already have 1 WU completed in queue, 2nd to be completed in 2 hrs.

John

3.0charlie

I'm using the default F@H GUI.

It's back up-and-running. Don't know what happened.

Anyway. Test rig is also folding now. That will add a few WUs...

John

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, I've only been folding full time for half a year and I've seen a couple of times when the servers were down for more than a day.

Folks start to get nervous about loosing their points..... :)

3.0charlie

I know I'm reviving an old thread, but the problem reappeared...

Since I installed the SMP Beta on the Vista Ultimate little rig that could, it won't send the results. Message is "Can't connect to server". I can ping the server address to validate the connection.

I have 2 completed WUs in the queue, and a third one will be completed this morning...

I've found some information regarding the options on Main Page - FaHWiki and how to set them. I think my options are fine.

If I can ping the server successfully but SMP won't, that's either a settings or Vista problem, right?

Any ideas?

John

pscout

Fallen Folder
I know I'm reviving an old thread, but the problem reappeared...

Since I installed the SMP Beta on the Vista Ultimate little rig that could, it won't send the results. Message is "Can't connect to server". I can ping the server address to validate the connection.

I have 2 completed WUs in the queue, and a third one will be completed this morning...

I've found some information regarding the options on Main Page - FaHWiki and how to set them. I think my options are fine.

If I can ping the server successfully but SMP won't, that's either a settings or Vista problem, right?

Any ideas?

John

Is the firewall on vista enabled? Maybe it is interfering?

There was also a hung server at stanford today which appears fixed now ( server .64) but that should not be why you have queued wu's on your smp rig. In fact, they may be expired now since smp wu's have short 3-4 day final deadlines (after final deadline no points are credited).

Were all these queued wu's crunched under vista? or did they get moved from w2k?

Latest posts