What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

WC failure

martin_metal_88

OK guys just oredered my Coolit Domino, I wonder to know if any of you have already had failure with Water cooling like broken tube or liquid loose in the case leading to short of the mobo or any other pieces. I know that coolit product are Factory sealed wich reduce to the max the case of leaking water ( well any liquid it is ). well...it could be interesting to short everyting my job could help me get brand new from RMA haha:)

Thx

Martin_metal_88

gingerbee

got a p5k covered in fluid xp (not running during leak test hose clamp loose) washed it off. now my mother is using it in her computer so far so good we will see ha ha

JD

Staff member
Just so you know, if you have a leak and it kills all your components, that's usually not covered by any warranties. So don't purposely go have a 'leak' just to RMA everything.

gingerbee

Just so you know, if you have a leak and it kills all your components, that's usually not covered by any warranties. So don't purposely go have a 'leak' just to RMA everything.
what and what. sorry if i am way off topic here but what the h*ll are you talking about. we are talking about worst case scenario with a water cooling leak. and no kidding it's not covered :rofl::rofl: hence the title :thumb:

martin_metal_88

Don't worry I know that warranties but that's my job to send piece on to manufacture and trust me it's possible to pass anything if you know how;)

ChuckleBrother

Don't worry I know that warranties but that's my job to send piece on to manufacture and trust me it's possible to pass anything if you know how;)

Can't imagine how much I dislike the mentality behind something like this. At any rate, the chances of a failure on CoolIT unit is fairly low, they are buttoned up very tightly.

Synth

what and what. sorry if i am way off topic here but what the h*ll are you talking about. we are talking about worst case scenario with a water cooling leak.

Fail. Again.

Edit: And why would you want to screw over a Canadian company...?

JD

Staff member
what and what. sorry if i am way off topic here but what the h*ll are you talking about. we are talking about worst case scenario with a water cooling leak. and no kidding it's not covered :rofl::rofl: hence the title :thumb:
Because he said he could just RMA his whole PC if it leaks?
There's some serious ethical issues surrounding that kind of attitude. There's a whole thread at XtremeSystems about ethics with RMA'ing hardware when it's clearly your fault that it died. Typically if you break something, you should cut your losses and accept that you made a mistake (be it a costly one or not) and it wasn't the manufacturer's fault.

Latest posts