What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Silvgearx

112 and 128 shaders won't give that much of a differences, maybe a few hundred ppds.

if he has 128 and 216 shaders then its a different story :)

chrisk

Folding Captain
I think hertz was referring to the shader bug. Two cards that have the same number of shaders (or the lesser card's number of shaders divides evenly into the card with the greater number) are optimal. If the shaders are different in number, or the lesser does not divide into the greater evenly (128 / 112 = 1.14), then the greater card will underperform.

hertz9753

I think hertz was referring to the shader bug. Two cards that have the same number of shaders (or the lesser card's number of shaders divides evenly into the card with the greater number) are optimal. If the shaders are different in number, or the lesser does not divide into the greater evenly (128 / 112 = 1.14), then the greater card will underperform.

Yes, I think I get it now. The two will pair up together, but not quite as fast as each one in different systems.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Yup, 3.0 seems to think it will work nicely... I'll bump the shaders on the 'One' and when its paired with my GTS i'll still be getting about 9K outta the Rig.
So, thats better than having 4K sitting idle.

Regards,
ST

hertz9753

Yup, 3.0 seems to think it will work nicely... I'll bump the shaders on the 'One' and when its paired with my GTS i'll still be getting about 9K outta the Rig.
So, thats better than having 4K sitting idle.

Regards,
ST

Yeah, after reading the posts above I decided to switch the cards in my systems. I put my GTS 250 into my Asus PQ5-E board and my GTX 260 into my Gigabyte 770, since it only has one PCIE GPU slot.

In a day or so I'll add the 8800gt. Thanks guys

hertz9753

Well, dhoshaw was here today and it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, you know, getting it from behind like that.(pun intened):thumb:

Soultribunal

Staff member
Yeah, I'll be feeling that pain soon enough Hertz, he's got a lot more hardware on the go than I can muster.
And tonight I'm bringing down my folding rig for a few hours to Upgrade it.
Which means a few hours bugging 3.0 on how I'm gonna get Dual GPU's and SMP working at once on it lol!!! Even then, I doubt I'll be able to hold him off :)

ST

dhoshaw

Well, dhoshaw was here today and it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, you know, getting it from behind like that.(pun intened):thumb:

Yeah, I'll be feeling that pain soon enough Hertz, he's got a lot more hardware on the go than I can muster.
And tonight I'm bringing down my folding rig for a few hours to Upgrade it.
Which means a few hours bugging 3.0 on how I'm gonna get Dual GPU's and SMP working at once on it lol!!! Even then, I doubt I'll be able to hold him off :)
ST

Sorry about that guys. :whistle:

You'll get a chance to catch up later in the month; I need to bring down both my rigs to completely rearrange parts. I threw my new rig together in a hurry for the contest; parts are still coming in and I need some time to OC it properly.

Besides, I've blown my upgrade budget for a long time to come. What you see is what you get for the forseeable future.

Jon_di2

Ah the nice cool weather is helping me get back folding, both my rigs are back, not folding at 100%, but I should be good for 20000+ again. :canadianwave:

Hopefully others benefit from the cool temps too!

sswilson

Staff member
#%$&#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My main rig's been down for 3+ weeks and I finally got it back up this afternoon.... only took 3 WUs for me to get a bleeping 511 !!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts