What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Just Ordered Gigabyte x38-DQ6 @ NCIX

turtletrax

Banned
My good friend Patriote alerted me to NCIX receiving X38 stock so I grabbed one as fast as I could.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=26337&vpn=GA-X38-DQ6&manufacture=Gigabyte

I am hoping it ws worth the cheddar and basically having very little info on the Quad FSB advantages over P35. I had just sold my 680I and was looking for something to hold onto for as long as possible.

Will have as much info as I can give when I receive it. I might even do a full build log and do it that way. :punk:

Cant wait :bananafunky:

enaberif

My good friend Patriote alerted me to NCIX receiving X38 stock so I grabbed one as fast as I could.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=26337&vpn=GA-X38-DQ6&manufacture=Gigabyte

I am hoping it ws worth the cheddar and basically having very little info on the Quad FSB advantages over P35. I had just sold my 680I and was looking for something to hold onto for as long as possible.

Will have as much info as I can give when I receive it. I might even do a full build log and do it that way. :punk:

Cant wait :bananafunky:

Glad you went from the 680i to the x38 instead of jumpin into the p35 hype. Personally I think too many people ventured to quickly into the p35 chipset while the x38 was hot on its heels.

Your gonna have to keep us updated on how that board performs tho I have no plans to drop my 680i until another board or chipset comes out that will support SLI again.

turtletrax

Banned
Glad you went from the 680i to the x38 instead of jumpin into the p35 hype. Personally I think too many people ventured to quickly into the p35 chipset while the x38 was hot on its heels.

Your gonna have to keep us updated on how that board performs tho I have no plans to drop my 680i until another board or chipset comes out that will support SLI again.

Time will tell if it is a wise decision. I am hoping that the performance is hindered by bios prematurity and that it was to help DDR3 sales off the bat. There is just no way I am going to spend quadruple the cash for DDR3 ATM.

Not a huge fan of Gigabyte, but I have to admit it is based on the hideous board colors. Since it was the first available X38 board and I was in dire need of a mobo, I relaxed my point of view on estetics.

I might wait to see who had the best X38 DDR2 board and sell the DQ6. It is most likely going to be my last foray into enthusiast hardware, so I would really like to LOVE my final board.

I will be back with results :)

b1lk1

That DQ6 looks like a monster!

As for the P35's, I got mine because it was cheap and I never really intended to go dual cards, although I would still do it even with the second slot @ 4X. Most of the features the X38 support do not relate to my current hardware so it wasn't really worth the wait for me, but if I had the $$$ to spend, that DQ6 is a tasty piece. I had the original 965P DQ6 and it was an incredible board. I have no doubt that this will be one of the best if not the best X38's made.

turtletrax

Banned
Board should show up today as FedEx has shipment listed as today by 5:00PM. I should at least have some pics for this evening.

Hoping to have it all looped up for Saturday. Then the fun begins. I was running out of FSB on the 680i at the 9x multi so I am hoping I have more left in my Q6600. I am shooting for 4.1Ghz+, and I think it should be possible with a 12 phase power regulation :haha:

Then it is time for Crytek to relase Crysis. I guess all I can hope for is them not to delay it anymore :shok:

Patriote

Board should show up today as FedEx has shipment listed as today by 5:00PM. I should at least have some pics for this evening.

Hoping to have it all looped up for Saturday. Then the fun begins. I was running out of FSB on the 680i at the 9x multi so I am hoping I have more left in my Q6600. I am shooting for 4.1Ghz+, and I think it should be possible with a 12 phase power regulation :haha:

Then it is time for Crytek to relase Crysis. I guess all I can hope for is them not to delay it anymore :shok:

Hell yeah! They need to stop the delays! Man, i fi can hit just what you had your Q6600 running at with my Dual GTXs, it'll eat anything i trow at it! And Vista X64 better be good! :bleh: BTW: I received the 680I today :biggrin:

turtletrax

Banned
Right Patriote!!! :)

Sorry for the review delay guys...

Just had a Baby Boy :clap:

Should be back to semi-normal in a couple days , I will have the reveiw up soon :thumb:

sswilson

Staff member
Right Patriote!!! :)

Sorry for the review delay guys...

Just had a Baby Boy :clap:

Should be back to semi-normal in a couple days , I will have the reveiw up soon :thumb:

Congratulations!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I trust Mom & turtletrax jr. are doing well?

Latest posts