What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Thinktank Revision 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwestwell

I don't remember where this may have been mentioned or if it was at all....but where exactly does a Computer Enthusiast with mad fabrication skills also pick up the knowledge to be a mad chemist...?? Do you just have one of the most eclectic collection of useful hobbies or is there some great unknown job that exists out there that requires these skills.

BrainEater

Thx guys !

:biggrin:

------

I don't remember where this may have been mentioned or if it was at all....but where exactly does a Computer Enthusiast with mad fabrication skills also pick up the knowledge to be a mad chemist...?? Do you just have one of the most eclectic collection of useful hobbies or is there some great unknown job that exists out there that requires these skills.

Heh

No job really ...

I'm a 'fabricator' , chemistry and physics , are just a small part of the whole.

Chemistry and Physics are an absolute must for anyone doing R&D and/or fab.....You can't build high performance anything without those skills.Same goes with math.....

I've been building stuff since I was 5 , and when the time came , I payed attention in Chem class and Physics class.....

-----

:thumb:

Arinoth

Staff member
I've been building stuff since I was 5 , and when the time came , I payed attention in Chem class and Physics class.....

Yep, if the power ever goes out at BrainEater's for a prolonged period oh time you wont see him burning a food fire, nah, he'll be using a different mixture of chemicals to create exothermic reactions that will heat his own house.

S_G

Yep, if the power ever goes out at BrainEater's for a prolonged period oh time you wont see him burning a food fire, nah, he'll be using a different mixture of chemicals to create exothermic reactions that will heat his own house.
If the power ever goes out at BrainEater's, chances are he caused it.

BrainEater

Heheh.......

My power is just fine.The thinktank 2 uses less power than most of your computers...

Thats' now tho , I'm buying an inverter for welding , so yes my 200 A supply will get used....hehehe

------------------

Ahhhhhhhhh.......

Took a week off modding.I did'nt even look at the thinktank.Slept a bunch and read 3 books.....

I got back at it today tho.

Vacuum dewar keg , pre-finishing ( This is why I didnt attach any logo's on test day.......)Rusty rusty.

tt2_520.jpg

--------

Re-brushed , cleaned , HWC logo attached and clearcoated !!

Iso/rust won't hurt it now.

tt2_521.jpg

------

I talked to Chemfax today.They cannot supply either Anhydrous Isopropanol or n-Heptane.I then called Petrocraft of Calgary for prices......

So , per liter prices :

Anhydrous IPA : 79$
Anhydrous Methanol : 106$
n-Heptane : 140$

eeeeek.

The 25 liter price for Anhydrous IPA is 750$......Cheaper , but still a lot....

I'm going to create some anhydrous IPA to double check it works......

I'm also going to do some dry ice/solvent tests....

BrainEater

Yea it's excessive.

I'm going to see what 'coleman camp fuel' does with dry ice.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts