What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Evga Classified Boot Problems

Goalieman077

Well my new computer arrived
today. Do I installed DVD drive and placed another HD with windows 7 and xp in hotswapxbox bay in my 800d case. Only problem is when it boots it says no drives found press enter to boot from disc. So I put a kubuntu disc in ad installed it on my 1tb HD. Installed fine but when I turned on it said same thing no drives found. Wondering why this is. It was assembled by ncix just no os. Are the bios just trying to boot from disc drive?

Specs: evga classified
corsair 800d
xfx 5870
core i7 920
lg DVD drive
wd caviar black 1tb
corsair hx1000
mushkin redline 6gb ram

Goalieman077

Ok I will. Do you know what button takes me to bios? I can check manual but by the time my screen boots it has already switched to the error message

gingerbee

normally it's the delete key but i don't have any evga boards right know so i can't remember I am hoping someone with this board will chime in lots of classified boards owners here I believe :bananafunky:so you should be ok

Goalieman077

normally it's the delete key but i don't have any evga boards right know so i can't remember I am hoping someone with this board will chime in lots of classified boards owners here I believe :bananafunky:so you should be ok

Ok thanks for the help I will check hen I get home. It os the delete key I checked online. If the Sata is enabled could it be anything else? Should certain sata cables be plugged in to certain sata ports? Seems weird since ncix was soposed to test it. Could it be maybe the mono drivers aren't installed?

gingerbee

no motherboard drivers are needed if using vista or 7. the port should not matter but make sure in the bios it's on sata o or 1 just to be on the safe side should not matter

Goalieman077

Ok it's weird though I could feel vibrations from the drives and they were reconised in kubuntu. Maybe they won't boot in hotswap? Weird

Latest posts