What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Balloon boy's 'flight' grips viewers

snoosebum

I'd be surprised if that ballon could lift a cat, let alone a 40-50 lb kid. I guess the sheriffs office has to take the story seriously, but there should be some repercussions.

rjbarker

Its a good thing they didn't find him in the balloon as this would've ended a lot differently. If he'd actually been trapped within a helium filled balloon, he'd have suffocated within minutes. It would've been likely that by the time anyone had heard about it he'd have already been dead.

Their was an "enclosed" Gondola on the bottom of the helium filled balloon, separate compartment, thats where they thought he was.....

These parents should be fined and have to do community service or something.
Ha....goodluck....so, do we start charging folks for Emergency Services in general?...the Boarders or skiers that go out of bounds....the surfers that are overdue or the kayakers etc???

Will never happen.

rjbarker

Yeah after seeing this on ET and TMZ looks awefully "suspicious".......folks out for somw pubilicity???...hounding TLC for a "Reality Show".....oh boy!!!!

Sounds like the old man is simply avoiding getting a job.

belgolas

Their was an "enclosed" Gondola on the bottom of the helium filled balloon, separate compartment, thats where they thought he was.....

Ha....goodluck....so, do we start charging folks for Emergency Services in general?...the Boarders or skiers that go out of bounds....the surfers that are overdue or the kayakers etc???

Will never happen.

Except this is different. Ya the people that go out of bounds for skying are dumb but they are people that need rescuing. These people did it as a joke and pranked the world media. They cost tens of thousands of dollars, many hours of time, peoples emotions, etc. If I pull the fire elarm for a joke I get fined. What's so different here?

encorp

Well it's 100% confirmed it was a hoax, these poor kids need to be evaluated... I wonder what conditions they live in under these kinds of parents.