What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

folding@home thread. Updated as necessary - _dangtx_

bwm

I have to admit, these Gigabyte boards have definitely taken away the last semblance of loyalty I had for MSI and ASUS.
They head my list every time now, come hell or high water.

_dangtx_

Banned
today if i want to build something, i go for a matx and a 5200/5300 12x-13x multis.high enough.both cheap, and depending whats in stock itll be either dvi,vga x4-x16 pci-e....cant go wrong. oc 3.0 or better eveything stock.

bwm

I've been tempted a couple of times by those lil boards too. I mean when it gets to the point when even cheap on-board periphs like LANS and audio ain't half bad and are reliable, why not.
I'm using all that built in crap now and not a lick of trouble out of any of it.

bwm

me and you both a long with evga
I'm anxiously waiting to find at least two independent reviews of the EVGA board with four x16 slots on it as well. Looks very interesting, and if its any good, a helluva good one for a load of GPU folders. Thing looks to be constructed very well.

_dangtx_

Banned
guys, how much would one spend for an amd quad and a 4 pci-e board? :) 300$ do that with i5 or i7 and then check the price difference :doh:

btw im starting to like these smilies lol

bwm

guys, how much would one spend for an amd quad and a 4 pci-e board? :) 300$ do that with i5 or i7 and then check the price difference :doh:

btw im starting to like these smilies lol
Gimmee an inhell with 4 (genuine x16 slots, in which none fall baxk to x8 when 4 have vids in 'em, now yer talking. That's what I really want, although a guy would have to pay a hell of a lot of attention to making damn sure the three inboard cards got lots of air into the fans, the stockers that is, because they're not quite unobstructed..

I like these smilies too, and I kep forgetting to send Gav my collection. I'd like to see about a dozen or so of those added into the mix here for some extra fun :bleh:

bwm

I wouldn't consider it myself at this point. AMD just isn't close enough to inhell in folding performance for my liking. When/if they get their sheite together and up to what I expect for folding, right back to AMD I would go. You know I've ALWAYS been an AMD guy. Their quads just didn't cut the mustard for me.

_dangtx_

Banned
yeah ok but if you can buy twice the gpu power,wouldnt that mean more ppd? :)