What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Yes. Oddly enough, only way I could get the GX2s to fold, even with the latest drivers and W7.

AmuseMe

I just went from page 1 of this thread, to 89 in one sitting. I really must say how amazing it is to see the change from nearly three years ago (35 months) to today. MY how computers have changed. It really is quite crazy. It seemed like everyone had that Arctic Cooling HSF back in the day. Than a lot of the Thermalright 120's lol. Has technology ever advanced.

sswilson

Staff member
We've come a hell of a long way in computer hardware since back then. When this site started, the great majority of folks were still running single core CPUs and arguing about the lack of benefits in running more than one core. AMD was still king, and C2D was just a sparkle in somebody's eye......

Feels weird that it's only 3 years.... seems like forever since I slapped my first TT watercooling kit into that Lian-Li case. ;)

AmuseMe

We've come a hell of a long way in computer hardware since back then. When this site started, the great majority of folks were still running single core CPUs and arguing about the lack of benefits in running more than one core. AMD was still king, and C2D was just a sparkle in somebody's eye......

Feels weird that it's only 3 years.... seems like forever since I slapped my first TT watercooling kit into that Lian-Li case. ;)

How much where those C2D when they first came out? Also, no one really goes with a TT watercooling kit anymore!

sswilson

Staff member
I waited until the second round of chips were out (6420 for the extra cache) and pretty sure I paid around $250 for it.

encorp

Yes. Oddly enough, only way I could get the GX2s to fold, even with the latest drivers and W7.

It makes sense sort of, I'd imagine it has something to do with the OS picking up devices connected to the video cards, and for whatever reason it wont fold if a device isn't plugged in, some stupid Microsoft bug.

Oddly enough i have a sort of similarly odd story, an electrician came by the house to fix a fuse panel that blew, when he left - for whatever reason my stove range stopped working, but if i turn the nobs on the stove it turns lights on and off all over the house, and the oven nob works as a dimmer..

I SWEAR TO GOD its true, the electrician did not believe me till he came to my house; said he's been in the business 21 years and has never seen such a thing... I dunno what he did when he replaced my fuse panel but god damn it was pretty funny to try and cook and chicken and watch every light in the house go on and off as i turned the knobs up!

bojangles

It makes sense sort of, I'd imagine it has something to do with the OS picking up devices connected to the video cards, and for whatever reason it wont fold if a device isn't plugged in, some stupid Microsoft bug.

Oddly enough i have a sort of similarly odd story, an electrician came by the house to fix a fuse panel that blew, when he left - for whatever reason my stove range stopped working, but if i turn the nobs on the stove it turns lights on and off all over the house, and the oven nob works as a dimmer..

I SWEAR TO GOD its true, the electrician did not believe me till he came to my house; said he's been in the business 21 years and has never seen such a thing... I dunno what he did when he replaced my fuse panel but god damn it was pretty funny to try and cook and chicken and watch every light in the house go on and off as i turned the knobs up!

LOL. Did he just put your stove in series?

Latest posts