What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Vista premium media center problem

donimo

Hi, I know this is vague and could be posted elsewhere, but I just thought I would thow it out there and see if anyone knew...

I bought primium for the media center part, but its broke, every time I start it up it will crsh, it seems fine, but then I will try to open up some of the settings pages, crash. On my xbox 360 it also crashes when I try to access anything...

What should I look for or try? error logs?

dunno what to look for is all.

donimo

I kinda fixed it a bit by dleteing some files in a hidden folder called "ehome", but th "store update mangaer" chucks up a "stopped working" box every time I start up vista...

Cheator

I kinda fixed it a bit by dleteing some files in a hidden folder called "ehome", but th "store update mangaer" chucks up a "stopped working" box every time I start up vista...
One thing I've learned from using Vista Media Center, is that it crashes more often than not. Not much you can do to fix it.

JD

Staff member
since I reinstalled it has been fine, give it time...:ph34r:
Glad to hear you fixed it. Mine hasn't had any issues, though I just use it for playing back media. Not for recording TV or streaming to my XBOX 360 as I have the HTPC and 360 on the same TV.

donimo

I will too, but the 360 actually looks better playing divx than the htpc, no amount of playing with the settings on the htpc gets clos...

and thats all I watch on the pc is divx...

Latest posts