What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Weird problem with Crysis! Need help!!

esperasoppa

I got to the mission where you have to take the huge spider down on the battleship, and I think it should be ending soon. Anyhow, I can't, as the game constantly freezes up. I don't think it's my hardware issue however, since I was playing at 1650x1400 (can't remember the exact resolution, but you know what I mean) with everything at least medium.
Only at this level it just freezes up every 5 seconds. I lowered the resolution to 1200x800 and everything else low, but it still freezes. Video card is 5770 with 9.11 so everything should be good. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or why?
I'm thinking it's the ram, since I have only 2Gb, but then it doesnt explain why only the last level?

TokeR

Could be a corrupt file, I would delete the game and re-install it. -Make a copy of your Missions file or whatever has your save games in it.. Just in case so you don't lose any progress.

Perineum

In vista / windows 7 all I did was go to the games explorer and right click on Crysis and run as a DX9 game...

let me know if that works...

gingerbee

or you can try running as admin . this level has had problems from day one. if nothing else works an fresh install worked for me.

Caldezar

Perineum's solution should work for you. It's a known issue with the last level of Crysis. (Yes that's the last level) Basically it's some combination of ATI and DX10. What happens is your system RAM basically fills up immediately and as soon as it hit's max, the game crashes. I've done a LOT of reading on this and you're not alone with this issue. But since the conditions seem to be very specific, and only a smaller number of people see this, neither ATI or EA are acknowledging it as an issue.

But if you run it as a DX9 game, you should be fine.

esperasoppa

Thanks so much for the help guys! I thought I needed to buy more RAM :(. Anyway, I will try turning it to DX9 asap, and will let you know if it works. Thanks again!

Latest posts