What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Booting from new RAID 1 array in W7

Scart

So I finally got around to putting in my second hard drive setting up RAID 1 (It's amazing what you can accomplish while procrastinating from studying:thumb:) but I can't seem to boot from it. Mobo manual says i need to make a driver disk/USB from its cd, but the cd won't run in Windows 7.:doh:

Anyone know how to make this work?

What I'm running:
Asus M4A78-E with AMD 790GX/SB750 with Windows 7

Thanks!

gingerbee

boot from the cd and there will be a make drive disk feature ( but 7 should have legacy driver that see it i have never had to make a disk for 7 and after 2p1 fro vista it should see it fine)

Scart

Booting from the CD only lets me make a floppy and I do not have a floppy drive

gingerbee

extract the drivers and burn them to a cd/dvd i am pretty sure windows 7 should see them. but i am pretty sure that they should show up with out .

Scart

So it started to load windows from the RAID array, then rebooted, and then I went into the start up repair and loaded the drivers from the mobo disk, and that didn't do anything, then I disabled the RAID and it still couldn't load windows, repaired start up again, and now the second partition on my hard drive with all my music and movies is corrupted.

:angry2::censored::angry2::censored::angry2:

gingerbee

well you should have your data backed up ( i know that's doesn't help if you didn't) i would start from fresh if I were you it sound like you missing a driver or a step some where

MarkOne

Banned
So it started to load windows from the RAID array, then rebooted, and then I went into the start up repair and loaded the drivers from the mobo disk, and that didn't do anything, then I disabled the RAID and it still couldn't load windows, repaired start up again, and now the second partition on my hard drive with all my music and movies is corrupted.
:angry2::censored::angry2::censored::angry2:

are you trying to make a raid 1 with an existing partitioned disk ? did you setup the raid bios (ctrl + i , if it's the intel one)

gingerbee

So I finally got around to putting in my second hard drive setting up RAID 1
What I'm running:
Asus M4A78-E with AMD 790GX/SB750 with Windows 7

Thanks!
from my understanding he put another drive into his computer to setup a raid1 so he has a backup. but after setting it up in bios and then completing the setup in intel storage manger to copy over the data he was then unable to boot . well that's what i assumed and you know what they say about that:haha:

gingerbee

just a thought did you set your boot to raid after you built the raid array and make sure you set your sata to raid in the bios

Scart

I did use a new drive with an existing one, but it's AMD not intel.
I changed the storage settings in BIOS from IDE to RAID, then opened up the AMD RAID manager. In there I created the RAID 1 array, then went back into BIOS and set the boot priority to the RAID array. From there it went to my last post.

So does anyone know how to recover data from a corrupted partition?

Latest posts