What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HUGE mouse pointer

Kilauea

Hello, today out of the blue, my mouse pointer took some steroids and grew huge, enough to drive me crazy. It feels like its as big as my fist.

I have googled the issue, but got very annoyed after very little searching because I seemed to be finding possible cause for the problem, but no solution and I couldn't stand doing anything with this huge pointer. I can't explain it but I am totally harassed by it.

From what I have read, it could be an ATI driver problem, but I have not updated my driver for the past week and it just happened now (but I do have an ATI GPU). The other possible problem was supposedly linked to a gigabyte mobo's driver (what drivers ?) which I also have, but I have been using this configuration for the past 5 months.

Kilauea

pics? :biggrin:

I assume you've looked at your mouse properties and selected the smallest sized pointer?

Yes, I have, I only have the option of making it bigger and quite frankly, its not really part of my plans.

Kilauea

Sounds like you accidentally turned on a "Accessibility Option" for the visually impaired.

I went to check it and I couldn't see where there would be an option that would do that, but maybe you can enlighten me.

grinder

so that's what happens when you open the email titled: "PLE4SUR3 H3R M0RE WITH A ROCK H4RD PEN1X!!!!"

grinder

Vista: Ease of Access options (or Accessibility Options for the XP crowd)

Code:
1) press [U]START[/U] + [U]U[/U] on your keyboard
2) click "Make the Mouse Easier to Use"
3) click the "Regular White" radio button

Kilauea

Do update to the latest Catalyst 9.12 + Hotfix if you haven't done so. It specifically fixes this issue, as per the Hotfix description:

jd, you are a god, I was missing the hotfix, now I can finally enjoy my monitor.

And while we are at it, I am experiencing what seems to be a random problem when viewing videos in my browser. When it happens, the screen gets black for 5-10 seconds, then, it stutters for another 10-20 seconds and then its back to normal. It only started happening recently. Actually since I got my new 24in LCD monitor.