What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

folding@home thread. Updated as necessary - _dangtx_

bwm

man, as long as i hear about improvements, im cool with it.

now. time for you to take yor free time and work on yer non work riggies :) get yourself a haf922 or 932 but i sugest the first, and take it from there :)

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

not sure where ou get your parts these days.
Usually the egg but I'm in no shape to make one important decision on that yet. And my wife's new rig come first, as promised. It'll be a while, at least two or perhaps 3 weeks right now, I think, before I canreturn to projects other than work.

_dangtx_

Banned
wait if you take your time,slowly at your own pace, it will be doable right? can you stand? sit?

bwm

wait if you take your time,slowly at your own pace, it will be doable right? can you stand? sit?
Standing, yes, although for limited amounts of time and its gotta be bolt upright. Sitting is down is the worst part because the fold is where one of the larger incisions was made. Can't sit upright at all, period. Gotta be leaned back at least 30 degrees or so. Tain't no fun damnit!!

_dangtx_

Banned
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

what say you folks? get 2x260(300$) in me 2 slot mobo vs 8800gt and coming 8800gts(g92) or get another gts(g92) to compliment the coming gts?

or try again with the msi k9a plat 4 slot mobo? found one locally..pretty cheap too.

bwm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

what say you folks? get 2x260(300$) in me 2 slot mobo vs 8800gt and coming 8800gts(g92) or get another gts(g92) to compliment the coming gts?

or try again with the msi k9a plat 4 slot mobo? found one locally..pretty cheap too.
The 260/216 SE ovcerclocked like mine do a fine job (7-7.5 K PPD) and run very cool. Don't settle the less in the 260 line when one of older but cheaper cards may do just as well. The 260/216 SE's are also very quiet. Other than that I don't know sheite fron shinola. I think I'd shoot for a 4 slot board no matter what for the potential mix/match abilities.

bwm

Not without having to take some extra pain relievers. I don't wanna do that cuz it impairs what I gotta be able to at work. So its slow way down to what is tolerable and doesn't create any more problems, or almost nothing at all. Tramadol is nasty stuff when taken as long as I've had to. Hell I almost can't my one and only good leg in and out of the friking car as it is now.

_dangtx_

Banned
hmmm...so your 260's do an average of 7-7.5k?

no drugs man, as long as you can forget about them.

bwm

More than 75% of the time, absolutely. But remember I'm running the shaders at +10 to +15% depending on which card/which machine.

I've even seen a few go damn near all the way through at 8k PPD. So they're not the hottest little hotrod in town. I don't care.

They're reliable as hell and not picky as to workunits once one has studied their behavior long enough. I love 'em and for the price they're going for down here right now, I'm not sure I'de hot to trot on buying anything else until all the new stuff is on the shelves.

Nope, no pain drugs either. Just tramadol with 500 mg tylenols added as a boost of sorts, as directed.

_dangtx_

Banned
hmmm....then a 260 might be able to beat a ppd/kwh vs am 8800gt/gts? if it cant beat the $$/ppd:)

Latest posts