What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Oh em gee! Needs new card! *tear tear*

llama_egg

Ok, so my adventures with watercooling turned out bad. VERY BAD. After testing my loop, I found out I had a huge leak with my GPU cooler, so what did I do? I fixed it of course. So after my glee of my loop finally working, I plugged everything in, and started it up and to my apparent appreciation, my system beeped! Not the happy go lucky one beep that says "Hello, I'm your computer and I <3 you", but instead the 1 long beep followed by the two quick beeps meaning "Hello, I'm the devil and I'm hear to rip your face off". It's also known as a video adapter failure, and after fiddling around and using colorful language for a bit, I came to the conclusion it's probable died. Yeah, I'm good at fixing things aren't I?

Anywho, because I WAS waiting for the 9 series to come out before upgrading, I haven't payed much attention to the 8800 market, and I figured if I'm upgrading, might as well go with one. This is where I need help, as I have no idea what is worth while right now. I'm literally looking at the difference between $200-350, and no idea what to pick. Pretty much I'm trying to stick with eVGA or XFX, as I've had experience with them in the past, and as for pricing, well, if possible under $300 would be nice (so no Ultra for me). Oh, and it has to be in stock. I kinda need to get my hands on one soon as I want to actually use my watercooled rig.

Oh, and I mostly do my gaming at lower resolutions, considering my monitor is a 19'' and doesn't allow for super huge resolutions sadly. Anywho, time to sleep off my depression of losing my card!

MpG

NCIX New Year's Special

$239.99 for an 8800 GT, in stock, with no rebates involved? You can only go so wrong, I figure. And they've got a special on the Arctic Cooling S1 cooler for it, for only $14.99 more (also in stock), which will cool it better and quieter.

Thund3rball

Yup agree with MPG. You don't even really need a new cooler. The updated evga BIOS is doing a fairly decent job of keeping the card cool (in 8800GT terms) and noise level is good to. I don't know if Pallit has one or not?

You can use Rivatuner to setup your own fan profiles if you like but I have found it actually gives me performance hit so I stopped using it.

I have a vf900-cu that I want to put on one day but until then the stock cooler with the updated BIOS is doing me just fine.

enaberif

Yup agree with MPG. You don't even really need a new cooler. The updated evga BIOS is doing a fairly decent job of keeping the card cool (in 8800GT terms) and noise level is good to. I don't know if Pallit has one or not?

You can use Rivatuner to setup your own fan profiles if you like but I have found it actually gives me performance hit so I stopped using it.

I have a vf900-cu that I want to put on one day but until then the stock cooler with the updated BIOS is doing me just fine.

Rivatuner won't give you a performance hit something else is.