What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Buying from Direct Canada? Read This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashock

Im glad people are finding this thread usefull i hope it gets many hits as it has already. Good job Episillon for starting this.

Wicked

Wow I am glad all you guys are having good luck unlike me. I received my order today and I only got 1/3 of the order. The invoice says that 3 things were shipped even though the box I got was just big enough to hold the dvd drive and not the CASE and video card I also ordered. I have tried to call, sent instant message with no luck so if I don't hear anything by tomorrow I will be contacting MasterCard itself and whoever else I have to. I don't take being ripped off very kindly and will do whatever it takes even if it involves BBB.

oupavoc

Wow I am glad all you guys are having good luck unlike me. I received my order today and I only got 1/3 of the order. The invoice says that 3 things were shipped even though the box I got was just big enough to hold the dvd drive and not the CASE and video card I also ordered. I have tried to call, sent instant message with no luck so if I don't hear anything by tomorrow I will be contacting MasterCard itself and whoever else I have to. I don't take being ripped off very kindly and will do whatever it takes even if it involves BBB.

You don't have to take it that far. Your parts will come, i was in your shoes a couple weeks back. I was thinking the same way, tried calling, email support to no avail. The reason you didn't receive all you the items in the order was because it wasn't in stock at the time of shipment. Just like me. If you scroll back some pages, there was a link that I put to get a hold of Brad at DC for some help. You just have to wait a bit.

JeffS

www.DIRECTCANADA.COM STEALS MONEY!

I recently ordered $1150 worth of items from Buy Computer Parts, Computer Hardware, PC Parts at Best Online Computer Shop - DirectCanada on dec 27th. received the package on jan 2nd. missing from my package was two video cards I ordered, worth $320 in total. I have called their customer service # and have left two voicemail messages, gotten busy signals, and a hold signal for over 30 mins. Never spoke to a person at all. I have even faxed, and emailed many times with NO REPLY's.
on jan 8th, I filled with Mastercard that they stole my money, and explained the situation.
It's now Jan 22nd, and I still have not spoke to a single person, or received the missing items!

Don't order from Buy Computer Parts, Computer Hardware, PC Parts at Best Online Computer Shop - DirectCanada or you'll probably get your money stolen like myself!

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Stop that. I have order many thousands of $$$ from DC and have received every single component; they don't steal your money. Why would you care anyway, since you started the cancellation process with MasterCard?

DC has issues with their Customer Support - it's a known fact. Before posting such a thread, why don't you do some research on the Forum: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/off-topic/3885-buying-direct-canada-read.html. You will find out that there is a Customer Rep. here that can help you.

Jeez.

oupavoc

Thats right I even posted a link to CS, anyone that needs help because I was in the same boat as you. But didn't take that far as to call the creditors please read before you post new threads. Plus you didnt get them because they were out of stock I would think thats what happened with me.

MarshallX

Just use ncix.com, much faster, you always get phone support, emails are answered usually within the hour you send them. If the price is slightly higher, look at it this way, if anythin screws up, youll be able to talk to someone. Much better piece of mind that way. And honestly, after almost a month of no replies from them, I would have filed a grievance with my credit card company too. Thats way to long to go without an answer. Second, making excuses because they have shitty customer support? Like come on, they run a business, people are paying for products, they are screwing them up a lot, maybe an intelligent thing to do would be to make sure someones always there to pick up the phone and explain what happened, might save a customer or two. But then again thats just business logic 101.

Synth

DirectCanada steals my money on a monthly basis : they have good prices and fast shipping :bleh:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Just use ncix.com, much faster, you always get phone support, emails are answered usually within the hour you send them. If the price is slightly higher, look at it this way, if anythin screws up, youll be able to talk to someone. Much better piece of mind that way. And honestly, after almost a month of no replies from them, I would have filed a grievance with my credit card company too. Thats way to long to go without an answer. Second, making excuses because they have shitty customer support? Like come on, they run a business, people are paying for products, they are screwing them up a lot, maybe an intelligent thing to do would be to make sure someones always there to pick up the phone and explain what happened, might save a customer or two. But then again thats just business logic 101.
As per the OP's original post:

Ordered on Dec 27th.
Received shipment on Jan 2nd. Missing parts - first call.
Filed complaint with MasterCard on Jan 8th.
Jan 22nd, still no news - usually when you call MC to cancel, you'll never receive the missing components....

That comes to 25 days between the order and today; and it comes down to 14 days between first DC Support contact and today. Still far from the month stated.

I'm not in the OP's shoes, it's not my money. I'm not defending DC too. I don't know how I would have reacted if I would have had the same issues. But I would have made so research first before posting like such.

Especially since the OP already contacted MC 2 WEEKS AGO and still no change. I would hit on MS a whole lot more that DC personally....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts