What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed Project: I-am-now-officially-broke Watercooled HAF932

t_mo_t

:haha::haha:

Hey guys, finally came around watercool my rig

Specs:
i7 860 @ 3.8GHz
ASUS P7P55D-E PRO
CM Hyper 212 +
4x2GB Gskill ECO cl7 PC3-1600
eVGA GTX275 SC
CM HAF932
Ultra X4 850W
LG BluRay ROM
DVDRW

Used stuffs:
Swiftech MCR220
Swiftech 655 speed adjustable

The things I just bought from Daz:
EK-D5 X-TOP - Acetal G1/4 Rev.2
Feser One- Cooling Fluid - CLEAR /UV Blue
TFC - Stop Fitting w/ Slot Head (single unit)
Pre-cut pack 2m (6.5 ft) 1/2"ID Clear/UV Blue
K -Panel Through Mount, G1/4 Female with 1/2" Barb
TFC - High Flow C. Fitting G1/4" - 1/2"ID - 3/4"OD (single unit)
TFC - High Flow Fitting G1/4" - 1/2"ID - 3/4"OD - 45 Rotary
GELID Silent12 TC 750-1500RPM Thermal Sensor Speed Control Fan
GELID Silent12 PWM 750-1500RPM Power Management Speed Control
EK-Supreme HF Performance- Full Nickel - Universal CPU Block
EK-Multioption RES 150
TOTAL= BROKE:dots::dots::dots::dots:

So, I will start posting pictures when I get all the stuffs in my possession... should be real fast... updates tonight.. lol

**Edit 5/11/2010... Got the stuffs from Daz.. Thank so much Daz!!!!

For my fillport and bleeding (K -Panel Through Mount, G1/4 Female with 1/2" Barb with TFC - Stop Fitting w/ Slot Head)

EK Multioption 150 with the cyclone thingy..

Couple of rotaries (damn these are expensive.......:sad:)

Feser One Clear/UV blue.... shoulda gotten the uv blue instead.... to match my p7p55d-e pro..

X-TOP for my 655

4-Gelid fans; 2 PWM, 2 TC

Some fittings....

The heart of the beast!!!! i love this.. very shiny and high quality build!!!

****EDIT: 5/12/2010****
The pump with stock top.... fugly..... lol and i thought i needed to use some screwdriver to get it apart.... apparently just some twisting will do..

Before the sleeving with Vantec UV "red" lol

Poor man sleeving done :whistle:

Woot... the top ... i love the material!! smooth and high build

Look at all those crap and the original O-ring is disgusting....:sad:

After cleaning the crap and installed the rear... is that where the replacement O-ring supposed to be?

Top is beautiful!!

Teflon tape in all the thread of the fittings (read it from some forum somewhere that it's to prevent further leaks?

Pump is ready! :clap:

Is this going to be overkill? lol

The cpu block with the rotaries!!

To prevent dust/contaminants while I m assembling other parts... lol

Last edited:

t_mo_t

***EDIT: 5/21/2010 ****

Preparing the rad.... hot tap water

after preparation, will do one more time flushing tonight... i put the masking tape to prevent me from damaging the fins when i shake the rad.. lol and yes it did help.. i didnt notice i was grabbing the rad so hard when i shook it...

***EDIT: 5/27/2010 let the installation begin... first day :sad: ****
Before watercooling...

i think my TIM application is correct for the hyper 212+ isnt? wonder why i was getting 40C idle, 90C load

EK backplate installed!!! was worried about the height .... i think it's higher than motherboard standoffs, but i guess since it's rubber in the middle, it should be squished..

Base of EK Supreme HF... oooh shiny!!! :bananafunky:

EK SUPREME HF installed! :punk:

fans on the rads... nothing special here, except that HWL gave me long screws that werent long enough to go through the case-> fans -> rad mounting holes............. so that caused the delay (had to get longer m4 screws from home depot) :angry2::angry2:

moving on.... i installed the res brackets closely together cz there's not enough room in my HAF932.... i felt like i went back to my antec 900 case.... LOL

the pump on haf932 metal 5-1/4" bracket ... :whistle: this has been revised to two metal brackets and different mounting position

My original plan was to mount it on the bottom fans.... but not sturdy enough....

here comes the fun part.... tubing........ lol and thanks to Steers for lending me his KwikCut :clap:

Before ending the night... lol love the uv blue effect!

before going to work.. lol had to take one in a hurry so that i could upload the images to imgshck

my fill port.... humm i should've gotten the TFC fill/drain port pass through connector, since i think head is bigger and probably will fit the haf932 fill port hole much better... oh well...:sad:

Last edited:

t_mo_t

***EDIT:May 28 2010- All have been installed! :clap: leak testing now :shok:

Fill port (not big enough)

sexyyyy

revised mounting of the pump..... notice the washers there? lol lazy to cut the screw with dremel....

poor res... got r*ped from all sides... :haha::haha: need to find a way to straighten it up:ph34r:

no more space for my bluray rom.... :sad:

All installed! :bananafunky:

Preparing for leaks.....................

initial fireup..... lots and lots of bubbles... uploading video on youtube now... not sure if the bubbles are normal?

Last edited:

t_mo_t

ha ha great title, but wait till you see your temps and your overclock can go up a lot if you want

LOL.. thanks...

umm yah i know.. i m on 3.8ghz idle @39C.. passed superpi 32m, but when running p95 or occt... temp goes up to 90C............ LOL so i just need watercooling and i m sure i can hit 4.0ghz

First post updated!

CroSsFiRe2009

Seems interesting. My own Hyper 212+ isn't doin so great either. at 1.3Vcore at 3.8, thing goes to tjmax and throttles so I'm considering water too or maybe a couple remounts.

t_mo_t

Seems interesting. My own Hyper 212+ isn't doin so great either. at 1.3Vcore at 3.8, thing goes to tjmax and throttles so I'm considering water too or maybe a couple remounts.

Hey,

Same thing as mine! i dont know if my chip is hot or i really have no idea how to mount hyper 212+..tried 3 line couple of times and didnt work... so i went for my first watercooling.. :punk:

t_mo_t

Question!!

1. If i install my rad on the top with push pull config, should i take in air from outside or blow air to outside?

2. Which jet plate should i use? should i just use the one that they put in there, or change to one of the other plates?? thanks!

Babrbarossa

Heat has a natural tendancy to rise, so work with that dynamic and allow the fans to push air up through the rad and out of the case- it will result in an overall cooler system. The air might be a tiny bit warmer that you're sending up through the rad when taking air from in the case, but the flow will be improved when working with the heat gradient, and warm air won't be concentrated in the case and warming up other components.

t_mo_t

Heat has a natural tendancy to rise, so work with that dynamic and allow the fans to push air up through the rad and out of the case- it will result in an overall cooler system. The air might be a tiny bit warmer that you're sending up through the rad when taking air from in the case, but the flow will be improved when working with the heat gradient, and warm air won't be concentrated in the case and warming up other components.

ahh i c... since i will be using a dual rad, what if i let the air blow into the case and put another 120mm case on the last slot at the top of the case? (closest to the top mount psu?) or that fan wouldnt have any bit effect? lol

Latest posts