What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Work in progress Project Echo | LC in a NAS case! |

Hannes

Hi Canucks! :clap:

Welcome to Project Echo, the LC'd SFF build!

I thought I let you in on my second project. The last one, CL[M]EAN-MACHINE did receive quite the attention on other sites, if you want, I can show you some pics from that build aswell. Anyways, I hope this new build won't let you down. It's still kind in it's pre-beta stadium as I haven't received the case yet, but I just don't want to leave you guys outside the loop. Also, I've failed to find the rules of this site. So if someone would be so kind and PM me or just reply with the url here then that would be just awesome. :whistle: If I've broken any rules, then please mods, contact me instead of just deleting this thread, I've worked quite hard to write it and would like the opportunity to fix it. All pictures have the maximum resolution of 1000px, I've literary stated my sponsors (tho I'm building this PC for myself and I'm not "bought" in any way) and I've posted quite many pictures in one post. That's the rules I might have broken, If there's any rules regarding those things. :ph34r:

os8t44.png

This project is:
  • ITX
  • Watercooled on MB, CPU and GPU with EkWb componets, cooled by 2x120 and 1x120 EkWb radiators with Enermax Fans.
  • Fractal-Design Array Rev 2
  • Intel i5 750
  • ATI HD5870
  • DFI MI P55-T36
  • MDPC-X Sleeved PSU
  • ORANGE ´n` BLACK themed!

I'll receive the case in late June or early July from Fractal-Design who's kind enough to sponsor with the Fractal-Design Array Rev 2 and a SFF PSU. I'll put the case through some modding to make it fit for an highend gaming system with top notch DX11 graphichs and a powerfull 4xCore CPU. EkWb have sponsored this build with a full watercoolingsystem to cool these beasts. Also Enermax didn't want to be left outside the loop, so they've sent me the some of their new fans to cool this smal beast.

As of now, I'm receiving hardware from all over the place so I'll show you some hardware pics first. Since I as I've said haven't received the case yet you'll not see any real modding quite yet. Tho I'm going to start that really soon.

This build is going to be real fun to do! I hope you'll enjoy the buildlog atleast half as much as I'll enjoy building it. I've probably forgotten to write something, so please ask if I'm unclear on some point.

So, This build is going to be smal, powerful, and well cooled. I hope I have the skills to make it true. :blarg:

Sponsors:

sponsor2.png

News - Fractal Design
Home | EkWaterBlocks
Enermax Technology Corporation

Now, let's begin!

Watercooling from EkWB
Some of these pictures actually turned out nice! I'm also going to fit these in a case made for NAS! This is going to be really interesting. :shok:

mt0406.jpg

2po86yg.jpg

2zo9gza.jpg

maa1at.jpg

15hfmeq.jpg

20uzyau.jpg

sbmp8w.jpg

213fytv.jpg

Some hardware is going to be used!
MDPC-X sleeve. It's almost necessary when trying to do an artful build.
ITX motherboard, essential when working with real SFF.
Highend LC and Hardware, to really make this build stand out in a crowd.
Some really nice fans from Enermax, fell inlove with them at first sight.

4rdr91.jpg

szbpme.jpg

1o585t.jpg

4r3tr5.jpg

2zf69hl.jpg

e0n5li.jpg

nv6q14.jpg

345j8r8.jpg

27x1g7a.jpg

16blw5e.jpg

2cibf49.jpg

25tl34i.jpg

2en98k8.jpg

10elsb7.jpg

2qans6e.jpg

33cbtrl.jpg

2num62e.jpg

2rh5rg5.jpg

vywi95.jpg

vo06kn.jpg

2zr11yc.jpg

244y63n.jpg

292s2zm.jpg

Awaiting the delivery of the Fractal-Design Array Revision 2 Case
While being stuck here because of the case that's not formally released yet I'm stuck with this nobrand case which been in the darkest corner in my house for many years, the paint is just astonishing! :dots:

2ljhj6u.jpg

vgt0cz.jpg

30a75mq.jpg

And the last picture until the case arrives
I've photoshop'ed this picture and actually, it's the only one I've photoshopped in this thread. I hope you've liked the pictures and my idea. I also hope you'll follow this build as it evolves in the following weeks. Thank you very much for reading this!

10zokzt.png

I'm not competitive in any way, and I love criticism! So reply your thoughts about everything, the build, the pictures, my language, the thread, anything at all! :thumb:

Best regards,
Hannes

Last edited:

CroSsFiRe2009

Wow, can't wait to see how this turns out in the end! I've actuallly been thinking of doing a watercooled itx build too.

AmuseMe

Hanns, I have seen your work on other forums and must say I am impressed, Can not wait to see this one finished :thumbup:

Rison

Administrator
Folding Team
nice pictures.

How are you going to get the rads in the tiny case?.. external mount?

Hannes

Wow, can't wait to see how this turns out in the end! I've actuallly been thinking of doing a watercooled itx build too.

Do it! :D

Hanns, I have seen your work on other forums and must say I am impressed, Can not wait to see this one finished :thumbup:

Thanks man. I'm happy that someone is impressed by my work. :punk:

Excellent pic quality.......wow.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Me neither, damn I'm hungry for some building!

nice pictures.

How are you going to get the rads in the tiny case?.. external mount?

Internal ofc. External is just weak. :whistle: But yeah, it's going to be tight, but it will fit eventually. Just gonna grab some soap and we're in business.

Very nice!!...looking forward to seeing this lil puppy when its finished :thumb:

Excellent pics too!

Thanks, I try to take good pictures, I'm glad you all is responding to them. :clap:

I'm back from a smal vaccation and are just waiting for this case. It is formally released soon, Hopefully they'll send me it before the official release. :p They said late June, it's late June now so I'm thrilled. Waiting for the mail and looking quite like this: :shok:

It's really great to see that you like what's been done, and I assure you, some more serious building going to be done'n shown.

Thank you! :D

Latest posts