What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed AMD Dragon

mo' power

Great build! I'm looking forward to working on mine. It's good to see that cable management will be quite easy with this case.
I was also thinking about how to light up the dragon on the side panel. I read somewhere that if you can drill holes into the corners of the panel and insert led's, you may get the effect you're looking for. I don't mean drilling holes through the panel but into the edge of it. Then set the led's into the holes. I may try this on my build and connect the led's to one of the controls on my fan controller so I can dim them to the desired level.

JD

Staff member
Great build! I'm looking forward to working on mine. It's good to see that cable management will be quite easy with this case.
I was also thinking about how to light up the dragon on the side panel. I read somewhere that if you can drill holes into the corners of the panel and insert led's, you may get the effect you're looking for. I don't mean drilling holes through the panel but into the edge of it. Then set the led's into the holes. I may try this on my build and connect the led's to one of the controls on my fan controller so I can dim them to the desired level.
Was thinking the same thing, just not sure if it's thick enough or strong enough to do so.

mo' power

You could reinforce the window corners with 1"X1" or 1 1/2"X1 1/2" pieces of thin plexi. Crazy glue would do nicely. Then reshape the corners with your dremel. Use a modeller's soldering iron to start the hole to drill then use 1/8" drill bit to complete the hole.

If you're interested, I do have a little plexi left over from my green machine build and I am nearby.

JD

Staff member
Don't have any of those tools :whistle:

Thanks for the ideas and offer though. I'll keep it in mind.

mo' power

Btw, did you need to use an 8 pin EPS extension for your TPQ 850 in that case? I have the same psu and case for my upcoming build and I'd like to know if I'll need one.

kruzn4evr

Looks GREAT jd!...the case interior does need a nice coat of black to make it really sexy but other than that, VERY nice! :punk:

JD

Staff member
Btw, did you need to use an 8 pin EPS extension for your TPQ 850 in that case? I have the same psu and case for my upcoming build and I'd like to know if I'll need one.
Yeah. It was REALLY close. I'm sure if I pulled and wiggled, it would of fit. I used a sleeved one I had around, but the case comes with an unsleeved one which was a nice touch.

mo' power

Lol! I didn't know the case came with one! I'm thinking maybe I should at least unbox my case to see what it actually looks like.:rofl:

Latest posts