What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Prime 95 Error

RogerzRig

Hi,im new to Overclocking and I have run a test on prime 95 and got an error message after 9 minutes. It Reads FATAL ERROR:Rounding was 0.5,expected less than 0.4. Hardware failure detected. Can anyone help me to diagnose what the problem is? Don't know what this means.:help:Guess I should tell you what I have. 680iLT motherboard 4GB OCZ SLI PC6400 Q6600 CPU 250 GB WD HDD zalman 9700 cpu heatsink I have the cpu overclocked to 2.9.it won't go any higher without crashing.
Can anyone help me?

enaberif

Hi,im new to Overclocking and I have run a test on prime 95 and got an error message after 9 minutes. It Reads FATAL ERROR:Rounding was 0.5,expected less than 0.4. Hardware failure detected. Can anyone help me to diagnose what the problem is? Don't know what this means.:help:Guess I should tell you what I have. 680iLT motherboard 4GB OCZ SLI PC6400 Q6600 CPU 250 GB WD HDD zalman 9700 cpu heatsink I have the cpu overclocked to 2.9.it won't go any higher without crashing.
Can anyone help me?

Is your memory voltage, timings, and speed set properly?

Are you doing the blend test or the small fft?

RogerzRig

Hi,my memory is at 1.8V ,timmings 5 5 5 15 2T, 483 MHz.I am doing the blend test. Thanks for your reply.

MpG

Looking at your CPU and RAM speeds - are you running with a 6x CPU multiplier? There isn't a production motherboard out there that will support a FSB speed higher than about 470-480 MHz with a Quad-core.

Also, that RAM appears to need a little more voltage than just 1.8. Since you're technically running it beyond spec, it almost certainly does. Have you verified that your sticks of RAM are capable of running stable at that speed? If not, you might have to drop their speed.

RogerzRig

ok, CPU-Z says 9x322.5 = 2902 Mhz. No I have not verified the speed of this ram. Where would I look for that? ok 2 or 2.1 v thanks,I wondered about that

MpG

For your memory, somewhere in your BIOS, it should give the actual speed of the memory. What exactly is telling you that the memory is running at 483 MHz right now? What does the line say?

Edit: Didn't see the CPU-Z remark. Go to the fourth tab labeled "memory" and it'll give you some numbers for your RAM.

MpG

Thought so. If I had to guess, I'd say that you're running a memory ratio that's too high. You'll need to go into your BIOS and change it.

Somewhere in the BIOS, you should have the option of setting a memory divider or memory ratio. I don't know exactly what format it will take, but it should give you options such as "1:1, 1:1.25, 1:1.5, 1:2, etc" or possibly "1:1, 4:5, 2:3, etc". You might even have an "unlinked" option, since it's a Nvidia board. This determines the RAM's frequency, based on the FSB.

For now, you'll want to set it so that the memory's frequency is as low as possible, which will probably be "1:1", and which will make your RAM run at 322 MHz.

RogerzRig

Yes I have exactly that.Right now my settings are
FSB - Linked
FSB Ratio - Auto
Fsb Mhz - (QDR) 1289
DDr at 967.4

Latest posts