What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

TessMark, OpenGL Tessellation Benchmark

gingerbee

wow i thought it would have been higher. not that it's low or anything just compared to the other single run so far. oh i can't wait to get my 460 gotta keep saving maybe i can save my way to a next gen card eh

kruzn4evr

wow i thought it would have been higher. not that it's low or anything just compared to the other single run so far. oh i can't wait to get my 460 gotta keep saving maybe i can save my way to a next gen card eh

Hmmm...I don't know if 87872 is high or low for quad 480's, I have nothing to compare it too yet :blarg::haha:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Hmmm...I don't know if 87872 is high or low for quad 480's, I have nothing to compare it too yet :blarg::haha:

Well, it's less than triple my oc'd 470 score. And lowfat's SLI 460 score is only 17% higher than mine. So the benchmark doesn't scale well for SLI?

lowfat

Staff member

I think the results look pretty good to me. His results are 2.35x higher than GTX460 SLI.

kruzn4evr

I decided to run it again and see if the results would be the same, all settings the same...the results?..go figure!

Attachments

• Tessmark bench score 2.jpg
    Tessmark bench score 2.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 238

chrisk

Folding Captain
Tried to run on my GTX 285 btw and got an error popup when trying to run bech saying that GTX 400 series is needed btw.

Arinoth

Staff member
You can't do a tessellation test on a card that doesn't support tessellation chris, its DX11 if i'm not mistaken

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I believe you can turn the Tessellation option off, so it can run on DX9/10 cards. Whether that will produce comparable results I don't know.

chrisk

Folding Captain
You can't do a tessellation test on a card that doesn't support tessellation chris, its DX11 if i'm not mistaken

I know. I saw Lowfats question about trying to run on a DX10 card so I gave it a shot to see if it would run anywho. If he meant by messing with the settings, then OK but I thought he wanted default settings.

Latest posts