What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA Releases GeForce 260.89 WHQL Drivers

FiXT

Hall of Fame
NVIDIA has launched its latest WHQL certified driver package, the GeForce 260.89. A unique aspect of the drivers is in game improvements for specific cards, the GTX 460 and GTX 480. The update also adds new 3D Vision Profiles and new SLI profiles. This is also the first driver with official support for recently release GeForce GT 430 GPU. Driver Do... [ Read full article ]

Soultribunal

Staff member
Cool, I will have to give these a try and see if I get a FPS improvement in my SCII Gameplay.

On another note, I heard that nVidia now Suggests just downloading the drivers and installing overtop the existing ones. Anyone else heard likewise?

ST

FiXT

Hall of Fame
Why does it seem they never mention any game improvemetns for the GTX470s?

I thought it was quite strange that the ONLY focused on game improvements for the 480/460

Could be a sign of 470 EOL? But still... the 470 is simply a slightly neutered 480, I can't see why the improvements wouldn't carry over?

Arinoth

Staff member
I thought it was quite strange that the ONLY focused on game improvements for the 480/460

Could be a sign of 470 EOL? But still... the 470 is simply a slightly neutered 480, I can't see why the improvements wouldn't carry over?

Still would be nice to mention it even if its the same scalar. I'll see if i see any performance increase on the games i play however they are not on that list and i have my 465 unlocked to a 470 running damn near 480 speeds.

geokilla

Cool, I will have to give these a try and see if I get a FPS improvement in my SCII Gameplay.

On another note, I heard that nVidia now Suggests just downloading the drivers and installing overtop the existing ones. Anyone else heard likewise?

ST
I read that with the new drivers, there's an option to do a clean install so this might be the reason why you can install new drivers on top of the existing ones.

I like your avatar xD

martin_metal_88

Nice improvement in many game. Now let's wait to see how they do. I don't have Nvidia card at the moment but I concider them on the long run or a 6XXX ATI. Let's see what will be my pick when money will be in. ahah.

Zillerz

Admins please delete the message above, I forgot to log-in

Ill re-copy message here:

or they could say 480/470

cuz my guess GF100 same chip same architecture same everything except for the cuda cores (448 and 480) idk the exact number i dont study these things all i know is that my GTX470 is better than your GTX470 LMAO idk where that came from like a movie or something its funny

rjbarker

The same Driver as the recently released 260.89 Beta....I have been using the Beta 260.89 since release and it has worked flawlessly !!!

Arinoth...as for 470...its dead in the water dude..:whistle:...look for it being EOL ....for mainstream the Market is 460 (regardless of "unlockable Cards" )....for Enthusiasts its the 480...simple really!

And yes...Betas 260.63 and 260.89 allow for a "clean install", BUT I still use Driver Sweeper ...safe mode..CCleaner.......yada yada...just to be sure.....:thumb:

Latest posts