What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

My load temps when using Linx, everything maxed

bvsbutthd101

Are this temps to high, I just ran Linx, I know my cpu will never get this hot while playing games
but I just want to get some opinions from you guys.

I'm using a corsair H50 cpu cooler push/push method on a i7 930 @ 4 ghz

Full Load: 11th pass
Untitled.jpg

When it finished:
Untitled1.jpg

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
You have one core at 98c. i7's throttle back at 100c. Those temps are too high.

Xinhang is a little dramatic, your chip doesnt have to be <75c. Stock coolers a 930 can hit 80c+ depending on the case. Technically anything under 100c is fine, but if that was my chip and it was edging on intel thermal specs, I'd be changing some things.

_dangtx_

Banned
a good 10-15 c over what i would like to see. but on air you cant ask for much lol

bvsbutthd101

i only have it 1 setting above 1.3 v on the vcore. I think it's like 1.3065 v

Last edited:

rjbarker

Too hot dude...Sagath nailed it....personally my OC's (including my 980X) don't exceed around 75C on Full Load testing........you'd have been better of with a good Air Cooler (Push / Pull) vs that Corsair H50 push / pull....

Also....again....that highly OC'd 480 is doing nothing for you but increasing overall Temps...:doh:

mkultra

who cares about temp under linx?
i mean it's not meant to be run daily, what's your temp at when doing the most CPU taxing thing you usally do?

rjbarker

who cares about temp under linx?
i mean it's not meant to be run daily, what's your temp at when doing the most CPU taxing thing you usally do?
:ph34r:

I think most of us "serious" OC'ers DO care what our Load Temps are while running Stress testing to "prove" stability......I for one certainly do.......:bleh:

OP...if you can reduce yuor QPI Voltage (Vtt) from 200mv you'll reduce your Load Temps.....as your running relatively low vCore you may be able to by doing a little more tweaking with your QPI PLL and IOH / ICH Voltages......

bvsbutthd101

:ph34r:

I think most of us "serious" OC'ers DO care what our Load Temps are while running Stress testing to "prove" stability......I for one certainly do.......:bleh:

That's why I'm asking you guys, when I was watching this stress test, I was about to stop it when I saw the temps get that high, Do you think it could be my thermal compound, I might have to much on. If so which method should I use, rice grain trick and let the heatsink spread it out, or spread it out myself? I justt reduced the vcore to 1.3 v and the QPI to auto, I'll reduced the VTT now. 100 mv should be good right?

Latest posts