What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Arctic Cooling Announces Arctic Freezer 13 CPU Cooler

FiXT

Hall of Fame
ARCTIC is pleased to announce their new CPU cooler today ? Freezer 13 ? that carries on the legacy of the renowned Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 to continue providing efficient and low noise CPU cooling solution for enthusiasts. The maximum cooling capacity of this newly improved cooler is 200W. In combination of wide compatibility with AMD and Intel sockets... [ Read full article ]

martin_metal_88

Cooler is a bit ugly but could have been nice if only it was a 120MM fan or a 140mm...92 are no where near silent when running fast...Good try AC, and FiXT, nice article my friend!

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Cooler is a bit ugly but could have been nice if only it was a 120MM fan or a 140mm...92 are no where near silent when running fast...Good try AC, and FiXT, nice article my friend!

Im sorry MM88, but youre terribly terribly wrong. Have you ever tried an AC heatsink? With the PWM feature and excellent vibration dampening their HSFs are very quiet and work very well for budget builds. Please don't "knock it before you try it" again.

Skyllz

+1

Anytime someone wants a budget cooler just to replace the noisy OEMs, this is what I stick in their system and I never had a complaint. Always worked good and cheap.

AkG

The AC's are probably only one of maybe two coolers that are not 120mm based that I would recommend. But by the same token I too wish they had upgraded to 120mms. All things being equal I'd take a good 120mm cooler over a good 92mm one.

YMMV

J

Jack

Good luck replacing that proprietary fan. Freezer 7 Pro fans have been dying lately and the only solution was to buy another Freezer 7 to get a new fan.

martin_metal_88

Im sorry MM88, but youre terribly terribly wrong. Have you ever tried an AC heatsink? With the PWM feature and excellent vibration dampening their HSFs are very quiet and work very well for budget builds. Please don't "knock it before you try it" again.

Used a lot of Freezer 7 since it was the only budget heatsink we were keeping in stock for AMD. When the thing get hot and the fan start spinning fast, it was louder than a 120MM. It's sure that at low speed and when to CPU isn't hot or Oc'ed their fan are dead silent. My point was more on the OC load part of the equation.

boggtrotter59

I have several AC7 Pro's running in my machines... both Intel and AMD versions. I usually run the fans full blast on moderately O'C'ed cpu's... never found them to be any louder than a case fan.

Latest posts