What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

_dangtx_

Banned
go with 450's and clock them to death. well close to. ppd should be stellar for the little thing

LCB001

The 450s are a great option LCB...there was a thread about it a few weeks ago.

I decided to stick with 460s, just in case those extra cores were needed for some fancy new WUs. I recall some time back that there were some hard-core WUs that affected lower-shader-count cards harder than higher-numbered ones, and I wanted these 460s to last me a long time (ie. longer than 6 months ;p)

Sorry didn't see your post Chris, I went for 460's in my i7-930 rig for the same reason's as you did but replacing all my other cards (7...ouch) with more 460's would get expensive, not to mention I'd like to keep the power draw down in case I eventually decide to add another rig...:biggrin:

I'd grab the GB OC cards. Nice little coolers on them too.

ST

Those are good cards I'm sure ST but for some strange reason I don't like Gigabyte stuff, might just be the colours they use I don't know. Feel the same way about EVGA, just an instinctive dislike.

The only reason I went MSI is because BFG is out of the game, so it will probably be either MSI or Asus for me for now...

:canadianwave:

@dangtx; I'm starting to reach the limits for available hydro in my appartment, thats another reason to replace my 9800GTX/GTX+'s and GTS250's with 450's, unfortunately the Fermi's really suck back the juice when OC'd to the limits...

Xeven

So far I'm leaning towards the GTX450 MSI Cyclones as I really like the pair of 460 Cyclones I have now.

On the other hand I might wait a bit as there are rumours of a 560 coming mmmm...

I have a couple of cyclones as well. The temps are excellent, at least 5C cooler OC'd vs my stock SC evga's.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Sorry didn't see your post Chris, I went for 460's in my i7-930 rig for the same reason's as you did but replacing all my other cards (7...ouch) with more 460's would get expensive, not to mention I'd like to keep the power draw down in case I eventually decide to add another rig...:biggrin:

Those are good cards I'm sure ST but for some strange reason I don't like Gigabyte stuff, might just be the colours they use I don't know. Feel the same way about EVGA, just an instinctive dislike.

The only reason I went MSI is because BFG is out of the game, so it will probably be either MSI or Asus for me for now...

:canadianwave:

@dangtx; I'm starting to reach the limits for available hydro in my appartment, thats another reason to replace my 9800GTX/GTX+'s and GTS250's with 450's, unfortunately the Fermi's really suck back the juice when OC'd to the limits...

No worries there mate, I know myself to have choosen cards and such based on strange things like colour and what have you. The only reason I haven't grabbed MSI for myself is some bad CS, but that may have just been me.

Good luck getting the new rigs up and running.

ST

Inik

Folding Team
Wow, 2 bigadv in a row :haha:

I'll probably get less bonus points because I need to shut down the rig to install my new PSU and the other 460 ! The 460 was in Toronto last night, so I'm hoping to get it tomorrow!

I have a new monitor coming my way too :). Any good software for dual monitors or I should be fine without any?

_dangtx_

Banned
someone knock me off position 72 pretty please lol. with the puny ppd output i got going, feel ashamed to fill it lol

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
:ph34r:

Teaser.

7034cd342d6bf2bd.jpg