What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

sswilson

Staff member
Didn't seem to. I'll drop the -advmethods switch to see if I can pull a 611 unit, but AFAIK the 912/925 units are no longer considered beta so it probably won't speed up the process.

edit: It does however beat the crap out of the SMP2 running on the i3 (dropped by about 2K), but the i3 only puts out around 4.5K on average, so that's no big loss.

Last edited:

Xeven

I'll be doing that next week, dan :haha: I'll fashion my own cable risers though since I don't wanna saw off the x1 notch, it'l be a hard sell later on.

Finally got some work done on Nina and moved her to a proper chassis. Two more cards left to install and I'm done with the twins.

dsc1025b.jpg

dsc1033d.jpg

sswilson

Staff member
Looks damn fine!!!!

I couldn't stand the thought of that poor 8800GT having to compete against a couple of 450s and a 275, so I pulled the trigger on a pair of those $103 PNY 450's. ;)

sswilson

Staff member
man that is art. you a pro?

ah, more 450's? :)

one might await the single slotters

I'm not a big fan of single slotters unless they truely are a low power card, I'm actually a bit concerned about the cooling on the reference cooler PNY's, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. As it stands, based on my experience running 4X cards WRT the current being drawn through the ATX connector I doubt I'll run more than 2 at a time, certainly no more than 3.

Charloz24

Well I'm not even in top 3 anymore and still have all my rigs running... THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!! That means that the team was really stimulated by the contest. One month ago we were averaging 800 000 ppd and now we are staying 1 200 000 ppd ... that is nice, reallly nice team!

Xeven

man that is art. you a pro?

Thanks. I am a "pro" hobbyist maybe, that's as far as I would go. :haha:

Looks damn fine!!!!

I couldn't stand the thought of that poor 8800GT having to compete against a couple of 450s and a 275, so I pulled the trigger on a pair of those $103 PNY 450's. ;)

Thanks. Those PNY 450's are dam good! :thumb: I have one and was lucky enough to obtain a tank. Seems to take anything I throw at it. Currently runs at 920Mhz, stock voltage @55C. If I had adequate cooling I would push it way way more.

Yeah, it's been a challenge to keep those GPU's at 99%. With 3 gpu3's I had to do SMP -6 in order for the i7 920 (@4Ghz) to meet the dealine. Adding the 4th gpu3 will cross the threshold where I might as well just do normal SMP units all the time. Ah well, that's what makes this stuff fun. :haha:

Well I'm not even in top 3 anymore and still have all my rigs running... THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!! That means that the team was really stimulated by the contest. One month ago we were averaging 800 000 ppd and now we are staying 1 200 000 ppd ... that is nice, reallly nice team!

Oh come on man. You are like a PPD IDOL. :punk:

I made the top 10 producer :) It's my first time !

Congratulations!

Latest posts