What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HOW TO: Making a USB Thumbdrive Bootable

sswilson

Staff member
I'm not sure NVflash will run off of linux, and I know that the great majority of file's I'll want to run off of a bootable stick will be available for dos. Thanks for the suggestion though.

_dangtx_

Banned
no worries. i was in a pinch deciding, this one turned out pretty well. its a cool alternative. along with a dedicated dvd with a live cd in it that does nothing but wait for its next use its a great tool to have on the side

ipaine

In line with the above, I have been using the multiboot option from the same page

Boot Multiple ISO from USB (MultiBoot USB) | USB Pen Drive Linux

It is a very handy tool and so far works really good. I currently have a 8GB stick that I can install all versions 32 and 64bit of win 7, Ubuntu 10.10 32bit(I think that is the right version), MemTest+, Offline NT password + reg editor, gparted, DBAN, and a few other things I can't remember right now.

RedLight

In line with the above, I have been using the multiboot option from the same page

Boot Multiple ISO from USB (MultiBoot USB) | USB Pen Drive Linux

It is a very handy tool and so far works really good. I currently have a 8GB stick that I can install all versions 32 and 64bit of win 7, Ubuntu 10.10 32bit(I think that is the right version), MemTest+, Offline NT password + reg editor, gparted, DBAN, and a few other things I can't remember right now.

link says linux but u said windows 7 works well right?

Latest posts