What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Review Comment Thread

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I don't mind the colourful writing, it would be nice if you showed the same enthusiasm for AMD products when they produce something exceptional though.

Mind storing this thought until next week? :ph34r:

Last edited:

matsta31

Lol, I for one, who made it somewhat (!) clear I dont prefer colorful comment, I dont feel like SKY is giving it more to green than red team. In fact, he uses Thermonuclear powa for everything that is good. :biggrin:

But (I know I might get flamed for this) I feel that in General the more vocal posters on HWC are on the green side (for folding, fanboism, etc...) thus making disussion more Green oriented.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Lol, I for one, who made it somewhat (!) clear I dont prefer colorful comment, I dont feel like SKY is giving it more to green than red team. In fact, he uses Thermonuclear powa for everything that is good. :biggrin:

But (I know I might get flamed for this) I feel that in General the more vocal posters on HWC are on the green side (for folding, fanboism, etc...) thus making disussion more Green oriented.

Trust me, more of us who are on the FAH team have long since been vocal that we would love to see Team Red make some headway in this regard.
To no avail, but that gets ignored.

Most of us, run both.
I know I do.

ST

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member

Maybe but there are a TON of AMD users on here. Myself included (HD 6870 in my gaming rig).

I think that you see the "green" sway here partially because we have such a strong Folding contingent here. To me, Folding = NVIDIA cards more often than not so in a way, it will only be natural to see some people trending that way.

Above all else, I find these forums refreshingly devoid of much of the fanboy BS that litters other boards. Most people here are rational and the discussions are (usually) quite mature with factual information given rather than shit flinging.

matsta31

Yep, one great strenght on Nvidia side for enthusiast is the folding. Folders are really present here, thus more green users. And, I being one, folders semes to be more vocal. I think this is part of the reason HWC is sometimes seen green to more casual forum members.

If the BIGADV continues, were we see people dropping the GPU for CPU folding, we might see some reversal of the situation. This would be really interesting.

jergreen

I for one am loyal to whichever company provides the best bang for my buck, and competition only makes things better for the consumer.

traitoR

Mind storing this thought until next week? :ph34r:

I hope they continue to compete in amongst the higher performing SKUs but don't want to see any exorbitant pricing. I would just as soon they continued with the 90 percent performance for 2/3rds the cost strategy personally, but the fanboys must crown their champion.

Thanks for the light reading BTW. :thumb:

Smoothie

Trust me, more of us who are on the FAH team have long since been vocal that we would love to see Team Red make some headway in this regard.
To no avail, but that gets ignored.

Most of us, run both.
I know I do.

ST

I agree, I like ATI/AMD cards and their performance/price but the lack of Folding power automatically make me look towards Nvidia. If they ever do make a new architecture that improves Folding for AMD, then I may actually buy a AMD card for once.

rUmX

I agree, I like ATI/AMD cards and their performance/price but the lack of Folding power automatically make me look towards Nvidia. If they ever do make a new architecture that improves Folding for AMD, then I may actually buy a AMD card for once.

We probably won't get good folding performance on AMD cards until the Pande Group switches to OpenCL.

Latest posts