What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

AmuseMe

Takeda Gyuto 270mm - Should be here any day now :clap:
chefknivestogo213658222.jpg

Two bunny-hug's/ hoodies, and a pair of lulu lemons (for the girlfriend :ph34r:)

AmuseMe

That's what it looks like brand new too :haha: It's 100% hand made/ hammered, so it looks kind of rough.

Synth

- Tamron 70 - 300mm telephoto lens w/ VC (for my DSLR)

- LCDVF viewfinder (for my DSLR)

- GTS450 1gb (for $99, it's a cheap way of getting gpu acceleration in Premiere Pro CS5)

- 32gb Patriot SD cards, class 10 (cause shooting 1080p video is hard on cards!)

AmuseMe

I have a Global GF-33 (8") as my biggest knife, and I find that it is too small for some things in my work place - and even at school. This Takeda may be 10.5". but it handles and feels like another 8".

Nice looking knife, what kind of handle did you get for it - did you get the buffalo horn!? Oh, and what kind of steel?

Lpfan4ever

Did get the buffalo horn, although where I bought it, it was random between three colours I believe. The steel is listed as VG-10 hammered Damascus. I was bad and gave it a test run before I wrapped it up and stuck it under the tree. That handle is very comfortable and it just cut through stuff like butter.

Here's a pic of the actual knife:

YoshihiroCloseup.jpg

AmuseMe

If it is true Damascus, make sure you wipe that thing clean after every use. Damascus easily rusts. That's why a lot of companies, well not a lot, but a few like Shun, and Kikuichi (for example) use a VG-10 stainless, and just fold it for that Damascus look. Much greater rust resistance, and looks just as nice. I'm a sucker for the hammer look though.

rjbarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker
Recent Upgrades:

June 10 - AX 1.2kw (HX 1kW in the parts closet)
July 10 - 980X ( 920 in the parts closet)
Oct 10 - Dell U2711 (Samsung 1920 x 1200 in the wifes store)
Nov 10 - 2 x 580's ( 2 x 480 Sold to Member)
Nov 10 - 2 x 580 Backplates

Thats about it for now....considering a R3E and/or another 580 and/or Vertez II 240 GB ;)

From your purchasing list, what happened to Aug 10, Sept 10, and Dec 10? :biggrin:
Well I can understand Dec 10, that one will be holding up the xmas tree.
Was Aug. and Sept. the compensation package for the better half?
:thumb:

Aug / Sept 2010 - Away at work and paying for the 980X ;)

Dec 2010 - no 580's in stock....I know my wife got me a NCIX Gift Card for XMas, so no purchases this month hahahahha,,,,also set my kids up (19 / 21 yrs old...they ALWAYS need cash) and of course leaving for holidays 1st week Jan...

.....hhhmmmm next purchse will be with my NCIX Gift Card, likely the Vertex II 240 GB.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Latest posts