What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New HCF folding members please post here for intro and tag requests!

ToXic

Hey Toxic;
Your 920@4.0 should get you 25-30K PPD (which is good). The 450 around 7-9k PPD, and the 480 ~13k. It all depends on the work units you happen to download (which changes all the time), and the competing resources in your computer.

As for the laptop, I am not sure but I generally discourage it since the heat will degrade your system. A desktop setup is much more robust in that regard.

As for details on how to setup, check out the starter's guide and post a new thread with any specific questions.

Welcome to the team!

Thanks, i'll leave my laptop alone then haha!

Im probably pushing my 920 to 4.2 or so soon, just needed some initiative of a rebuilt lol. Its funny, I saw folding along time ago and didn't even look into it, but recently I saw it and figured why not, im a avid biology student myself haha.

Tia

Greetings :)

Just started folding a couple of weeks ago with no team and no name. Today I discovered you folks and decided to hook up! Folding under the name Tia.
I confess that I game quite a bit but I've started leaving the box on over night to make up for it. :)

Cheers,

Tia

ToXic

Alright up and folding as ToXic_SicK currently doing a silly 33,300 PPD, but should be closer to 50K when I get my other 580 from stepup. Now to make sure nothing explodes overnight...

chubaka

Just started folding half an hour ago on my gtx 470. How long does it take to finish a 6806 work unit?

stoanee

Folding Team
I want to joint HWC folding team? How do i do that and how do i fold?

Hey sorry we missed you! What kind of hardware are you running? Check in the HWC folding section of this forum, there are stickies and guides on the various types of guides. Shout again if you need help!

Crandall

I'm more of a lurker then anything, but I've decided to put my i7 920 and my two GTX 280's to work. My folding username is Crandall as well.

Cheers.

Latest posts