What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

DOS gaming, o the good ol' days....

MacJunky

Hehe...
wheeloffortune1.png
Not quite DOS but... :p
Wheel of Fortune knockoff!
fixswrkb91c27nh9auz.gif
2d5hxlc0wk0361g9kop5.gif

Battleship!
kh1f8np2k7osoojq2qpw.gif

3D Noughts & Crosses along with Solitaire of course.
c6q158cra1f2xe4wqr9q.gif
300v457c6f5t5lrd.gif

Also Shufflepuck but I do not have a screenie of it atm.
This is the sort of stuff I was playing before getting into the more violent games.

As for DOS games, SkyRoads and Operation Neptune seemed to be common.

enaberif

Not only did you have to get the rotational speed right, but getting lined up square to the station was also a pain. That was back in the days of trim on joysticks, so adjusting that on the right axis really helped with the rotation.

RPGs: Wizardry series, Might and Magic, Bard's tale, Ultima.

Nobody has mentioned Wolfenstein... probably the first full fledged FPS.

Source port - The Doom Wiki - Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, and more

I wouldn't say the first full fledged but one of the ones aside from Doom that made a big name for itself.

Fudd Rucker

norton commander ftw.

Rise of the Triad was always good for a laugh. The original leisure suit larry, remember to do up your pants after the hooker or the police will beat you down.

belgolas

C&C
Wolfenstein 3D
Simcity 2000
Sim Tower
Sim ant (I know not a good game but as a kid I was fascinated by ants and put many hours into that game)
Commander Keen
The Secret of Monkey Island
Tomb Raider
Kings Quest
The Settlers
The Incredible Machine
Oregon Trail
Hexxagon

Probably a few more. My parents didn't let me play violent games back then, although I did play Duke Nukem when my parents weren't home.

Technokat

GOG.com (good old games) has a lot of classic games, made so they run great on new systems with win vista/xp/win7. Great way to get nostalgic. Wish they would come out with Ultima underworld. I loved that game. Whatever happened to opening a boxed game and getting cool fabric maps, metal medalions and coins, and other cool stuff :( i miss those days.

jergreen

I loved Origin Systems too. Wing Commander I was my first non shareware game. My all time favorite was Privateer, open world with a plot if you wanted to follow it, what a game. Spent way too much of my youth playing that game.

_dangtx_

Banned
seeing old games come back to life freshened up or such? brings tears to me eyes. thumbs up!

Latest posts