What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

4DoorGTZ

Zoom goes Xeven past me by dinner time, ok I dont feel bad having the largest producting member pass me. But Masta31, I hope to watch the overtake time climb climb climb and dissapear.

4DoorGTZ

What sort of VPN software do you guys with multiple/offsite rigs use? I just stumbled onto www.logmein.com and so far have used it on a couple machines. I'm especially surprised at the ease of setup/use no port forwarding or firewall crap to change it just works.

Gonna help me a bit watching my OC'd i7-975, since it locked up 12hrs after I set it up at its "permanent" location. Help with my Octo-gpu box that I have to turn off Feb1-18th, allow me to turn it off then and not a week early while I'm in town.

_dangtx_

Banned
true. i can login home from anywhere like with the other software mentioned. it can be a bit of a headache, and you must test it out first, and make sure

everythings set before you leave, but after that? no problemo. i checked on me folders when i was in europe.

4DoorGTZ

-Anyone got an idea what a pair of stock clocked X5670's (6 core/12 thread 2.93ghz) would do ppd wise in a single system?
-Would 8gb be ok for a folding rig with the above cpu's?
-Slightly different track.... your last -bigadv build, what does the $/thread work out to? (for example rig cost $2500 to build, dual-quad core +ht, so 2500/16 or $156.25/thread)
-Anyone ever heard of some kind of f@h team activity where instead of everyone building for themselves, resources are pooled for the best ppd/$/w outcome? I've heard of building "team" folding boxes out of donated parts..... what about all out new builds "shared" among many team members?

I'm 3wks into my new years resolution and sooooooooo wanna break it big time. But it would be stupidly big$ (in total but not per core/thread) so maybe I'll plan something for a year but not act and still keep the resolution not to spend any more $ on folding this year. Man would some computer shops love it if I won the lotto, could easily see myself blowing a lot of dough for the hobby that is F@H.

lowfat

Staff member
-Anyone got an idea what a pair of stock clocked X5670's (6 core/12 thread 2.93ghz) would do ppd wise in a single system?
-Would 8gb be ok for a folding rig with the above cpu's?
-Slightly different track.... your last -bigadv build, what does the $/thread work out to? (for example rig cost $2500 to build, dual-quad core +ht, so 2500/16 or $156.25/thread)
-Anyone ever heard of some kind of f@h team activity where instead of everyone building for themselves, resources are pooled for the best ppd/$/w outcome? I've heard of building "team" folding boxes out of donated parts..... what about all out new builds "shared" among many team members?

I'm 3wks into my new years resolution and sooooooooo wanna break it big time. But it would be stupidly big$ (in total but not per core/thread) so maybe I'll plan something for a year but not act and still keep the resolution not to spend any more $ on folding this year. Man would some computer shops love it if I won the lotto, could easily see myself blowing a lot of dough for the hobby that is F@H.

I would guess it would be just shy of 100,000 ppd (P6900) if both CPU's were stock. But honestly if someone were to spend that much on CPU's it makes sense to spend the extra on an SR-2 and get 40-50k higher. You could even go w/ cheaper CPU's if they could be found.

6GB is plenty even. With my 24 thread machines, folding@home takes less than 1.5GB generally.

Each of my 24 thread SR-2 machines were about $2k each including CPU, ram, cooling, HDD, PSU. $83/thread. But highly overclocked threads. :biggrin:

Latest posts