What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Arinoth

Staff member
When my 560s get here and when i get my mobo back from rma i'll be firing up them up to fold at least a bit each day.

_dangtx_

Banned
sorry guys, been without mains for the better part of the day, so no production coming from here :)

but im trying hard to get it up..real hard!

frontier204

I'm running into a lot of P6701 that my Core i5 doesn't like very much (9500PPD rather than 13000-15000 PPD) :blarg:

...as I say to my colleagues... When I have a software problem, I throw more hardware at it!

That said, I gutted my home server and swapped it for a Phenom 9950 to have it help fold SMP. Thank goodness for Linux which didn't care about my mobo swap except for having to confirm a new network adaptor. It should add me 1500-2000 PPD over the Athlon 64 5200+ that it's replacing. It continues my suboptimal PPD/Watt trend, but hey, every bit counts :thumb:

lowfat

Staff member
Just got this error on one of my SR-2s.

[01:39:33] Completed 152500 out of 250000 steps (61%)
[01:51:56] Completed 155000 out of 250000 steps (62%)
[02:04:24] Completed 157500 out of 250000 steps (63%)
[02:14:02] CoreStatus = C0000005 (-1073741819)
[02:14:02] Client-core communications error: ERROR 0xc0000005
[02:14:02] Deleting current work unit & continuing...

Is this something to do w/ overclocking stability or something out of my control?

Charloz24

Here is my findings when I was optimizing my Sandy Bridge setups VS F@H. If it pass the 1 hour OCCT test, it will be 99% sure it's folding stable. Not that bad, before I had to do a full 24hr+ prime95 tests to be sure it's folding stable. Pretty much faster this way ;)

chrisk

Folding Captain
Just got this error on one of my SR-2s.

Is this something to do w/ overclocking stability or something out of my control?

Usually means a memory issue:
CoreStatus codes - FaHWiki

C0000005

Windows and F@H GUI Specific

CoreStatus = C0000005 (-1073741819)
Client-core communications error: ERROR 0xc0000005
Deleting current work unit & continuing...
This is a known Windows memory error, while running the v5.x GUI client with the GUI open while finishing and uploading a work unit. Workarounds include updating the video driver (doesn't always help), keeping the GUI closed near the end of a work unit, or switching to the console client and using a 3rd party utility to see the pretty pictures and monitor the client's progress.

It can also be caused by faulty memory or a bad memory controller, so you should consider both possibilities.

sswilson

Staff member
Looks like we're on track to crack the 25'th spot (not counting the default) sometime over the next couple of weeks!!!! That's absolutely amazing considering the team's only been around for 4 years (I was actually surprised to see that it was that long!!!! ;) ), while most teams in the top 100 have been around since the early days of FAH (thus have a much larger base of contributers).

Kudos to all of our folders!!! Big or small, you've contributed a large part of putting our little corner of the internet into the public eye.

Thinking back... a special shout-out to 4DoorGTZ is in order as he was one of the early "heavy hitters" who's assistance (and point matching IIRC... ;) ) was crucial to getting our fledgling team off the ground. For those who haven't been around all that long, here's a glance at the early days....

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/543-folding-home-f-q.html

Looking back through that thread, I'm sure that many others here would also like to extend our thanks to Pete Scout. He truly was a major driving force throughout the FAH community who's patience and dedication to the cause should never be forgotten. If he were still with us, I'm sure he'd share my enthusiasm for how far we've come since we started our "little" team.

Fold On!!!!

Latest posts