What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

No Post/No Beep/No Display.

Flintblade

I have a p6td that wont post. Ive tried outside the case and with multiple ram configurations. Im not getting any beeps either. I know the cpu and ram work since they work in another board.

I RMA'd the board and they sent it back to me saying it passed the bootable test. But its still not working for me. So if its not the board, what couls be causing a no post? Or is the board dead and asus is just being lazy.

Flintblade

Tried a different PSU?

Ya, I just walked down to futurecrap and picked up a crappy dynex 500w just to use with basic components. I switched ou my 6970 for a 5450 in my HTPC, and hooked up just the board/cpu with the 5450 and one stick of ram nothing else. Still no boot, beeps or display.

KaptCrunch

Ya, I just walked down to futurecrap and picked up a crappy dynex 500w just to use with basic components. I switched ou my 6970 for a 5450 in my HTPC, and hooked up just the board/cpu with the 5450 and one stick of ram nothing else. Still no boot, beeps or display.

ARE LIGHTS LIT or FANS SPINNING ?

from psu is the 4 wire connected to MB..... IN CORNER BY KB/MOUSE HEADER

Flintblade

ARE LIGHTS LIT or FANS SPINNING ?

from psu is the 4 wire connected to MB..... IN CORNER BY KB/MOUSE HEADER

Not sure why im always asked thay question, but naturally its connected. It's actually an 8pin on this board. All connections are made properly and fans are spinning.

francisw19

I have you tried booting without RAM installed? Basically, you need to have CPU, RAM, and VGA to post. If your board is hanging during POST, it's likely one of those items is hung up on. To troubleshoot this, you can take one of those items out at a time and boot the board. If it's the item that your board was hanging on, then you will usually get a beep code during POST instead of your board hanging.

So, if you remove your RAM, start your system and now get a beep code (indicating missing RAM), you know the issue is related to either your RAM, RAM slots or IMC on your CPU.

Hope this helps. :)

Flintblade

I have you tried booting without RAM installed? Basically, you need to have CPU, RAM, and VGA to post. If your board is hanging during POST, it's likely one of those items is hung up on. To troubleshoot this, you can take one of those items out at a time and boot the board. If it's the item that your board was hanging on, then you will usually get a beep code during POST instead of your board hanging.

So, if you remove your RAM, start your system and now get a beep code (indicating missing RAM), you know the issue is related to either your RAM, RAM slots or IMC on your CPU.

Hope this helps. :)

Ya, I have booted with no ram and still no beeps. The only thing that I haven't tried doing is trying a new CPU. But I really don't see why my i7 would not be working since it was working in the previous board I used (gigabyte ds4). That's really the only thing left for me to try, is a new cpu. Since I have tried literally everything else. I've tried 2 diff working video cards, 2 dif sets of ram, no ram, 2 diff psu's. I tried it outside the case, with the stock heatsink and an h50. The only thing left would be to try another cpu, but wouldn't I at least get a beep code if the cpu wasn't working?

francisw19

Yeah...agreed with trying another CPU. It sounds like you've done as much as you can up to this point. Given that you had your CPU working in another board, I agree that it's doubtful anything is wrong with your CPU. As long nothing was damaged moving it to the other board, it should work fine. But, I suppose it's worth a look.