What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Convert: Mac Mini

Empty_Quarter

I've treated myself to a mac mini yesterday for use as my daily machine :D

Its slow yes, but i hardly need the power, was well priced, figured it was worth the shot.

dsc0185x.jpg

dsc0187l.jpg

dsc0188vj.jpg

dsc0192vx.jpg

I've hustled the iphone 4 this weekend as well from my sister who decided to jump on the BBM boat. (had 3GS)

(The trackpad is horrid, im returning that ASAP, back to using my trusty G5)

This is my new daily machine and i love it. Rig in sig is now dedicated as a download/storage/rendering machine.

p3t3rsn

Welcome to the ever growing Apple family! I have a i7 920 that I virtually never use anymore, I do everything on either my iPad or my Mac Book Pro.

m1dget

nice setup you got there :)

its nice to see no WC rig or no useless bells and whistle on a computer case for a change :p

lowfat

Staff member
Mac Mini is a pretty good machine. If you throw an SSD in there I bet it will fly.

My first Mac was a Mini. Wasn't a bad lil' machine.

Is yours a C2D or an i3/i5/whatever?

Empty_Quarter

Mine is a C2D, they dont have i3/i5 editions yet (and even if they did, I was on a budget). I am not looking for much power either, internet surfing, IM, itunes, mail, calendar, photos is all I do. Word and Excel is probably the most intense i'll ever take this this machine.

So far so good, got everything I absolutely need on here including office. One tiny thing has been bothering me though, I am using mac's native apps for my day-to-day affairs (mail, calendar, etc...). On iPhoto, when I import a set of photos, where exactly do the files go? On itunes, I can venture into the music folder and see all my .mp3s laid out, but the same doesn't apply with iphoto it seems :S.

lowfat

Staff member
On iPhoto, when I import a set of photos, where exactly do the files go? On itunes, I can venture into the music folder and see all my .mp3s laid out, but the same doesn't apply with iphoto it seems :S.

~/Pictures/iPhoto Library. Right click, Show Package Contents.

Empty_Quarter

So you're telling me I cant access my picture files individually? :|! How could I export the entire directory to an external hard drive, for a back-up without apple affiliation :S.

lowfat

Staff member
So you're telling me I cant access my picture files individually? :|! How could I export the entire directory to an external hard drive, for a back-up without apple affiliation :S.

Right click on the iPhoto Library file in your Pictures folder. Then select Show Package Contents. All your pictures are in there. The originals will be in the Originals folder. However they are not exactly organized all that well.

Empty_Quarter

Ahhh, gotcha, the pictures are under the "masters" folder, and are organized well enough

psst, the mac mini is literally dead silent o_O, its like it doesnt exist!