What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HAF X hot swap bays

francisw19

I am thinking about getting the HAF X case. I understand that it has two hot swappable drive bays in the front. However, I use an Asus Crosshair IV motherboard that has SATA III.

Does anyone know if the hot swap bays will work with the SATA III controller on the CH4? (I'm not expecting full SATA III speeds, just want to confirm compatibility).

Thanks in advance!

Zero82z

Banned
SATA3 is pin-compatible with SATA2, so I don't see why it wouldn't work. Keep in mind that in order to actually be able to hot-swap drives, you'll need to have AHCI mode enabled for the motherboard's SATA3 controller.

fishingfanatic

Cases and Cooling

I have the HAF X and have a WD 1tb 6gb/sec in one of the hot swap bays and it works just fine. The new gen works so much faster, it's great!!!
:clap::biggrin::thumb:

francisw19

Thanks to both replies! Nice to hear it will work! :biggrin:

I'm very excited about this case...I'm gonna pick one up tomorrow. Just have to figure out how to get this one past the wife. :whistle:

TTWHAT

Haf X hot swap

HI
I see you are using the hot swap bays. I have enable the ACHI and i cannot seem to get the bays to work. Can you tell me what esle to do? I have an ASUS Rampage III Extreme Mother board.

Nic-CM

Cooler Master USA
Thanks to both replies! Nice to hear it will work! :biggrin:

I'm very excited about this case...I'm gonna pick one up tomorrow. Just have to figure out how to get this one past the wife. :whistle:

I'd love to see a video of you trying to sneak that case by anyone. :ph34r:

francisw19

HI
I see you are using the hot swap bays. I have enable the ACHI and i cannot seem to get the bays to work. Can you tell me what esle to do? I have an ASUS Rampage III Extreme Mother board.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your SATA...hotswapping didn't work on my Crosshair IV board until I installed the Marvel SATA drivers. Oddly, if I booted with the drive connected first, I could read and write to the drive no problem...just no hot swapping.

I'd love to see a video of you trying to sneak that case by anyone. :ph34r:

LOL! Yeah...this was a while ago, but I did get busted. The wife took it good, though. :thumb:

Latest posts