What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

World of Tanks Official Thread

LaughingCrow

Sure I'll join your platoon,
ST

Welcome aboard!

The game maps are here (plus one of the new ones). These will print on 8½ x 11
TrueNorthTankers.freeforums.org • View topic - Maps for printing 1 - 15

And of note to other WoT players. They have posted the new Tech Trees. Note that each country has a few 'free' tanks possible when the next major patch comes out. Details here:

Revised and Improved Tank Trees are Announced :: World of Tanks: MMO Tank Action Game

PDF game manual is here:
World of Tanks Game Manual :: World of Tanks: MMO Tank Action Game

Soultribunal

Staff member
Cool,

I've already got the manual but I'll take a look at the maps later.
Still getting the hang of it....I hate that starting German Tractor....worst little grind ever. But once in my 35 I was a happy guy.

ST

mo' power

I'm downloading the client right now. I'll give it a whirl. If I dig it, I'll sign up for the clan after I get the hang of it. I've never used teamspeak before, but I'm sure it's not that difficult.

LaughingCrow

I'm downloading the client right now. I'll give it a whirl. If I dig it, I'll sign up for the clan after I get the hang of it. I've never used teamspeak before, but I'm sure it's not that difficult.

You'll want TeamSpeak 3 beta, either 16 or 32 bit.

It's easy to set up. To get it to work with my headset, I found I had to plug in the headset (USB), then start WoT or restart it, then TS. Go into WoT's settings for sound and adjust.

If you've joined a clan, you'll now get a Clan 'lobby' where you can ask for the TS settings, IP, port and password. Or PM me for the info.

WoT can be a 'grind' working your way up, but with all the variations of units within a game, such as no artillery, 1 artillery or 4?; are you at the top of the' food chain' tier?, the middle or bottom; does the map favor your unit type? It's never static and you have to adjust your game play accordingly.

There's two basic ways of winning a match - kill all the opponents or cap the flag. Next will be Clan wars.

Strongly recommend that you either form a platoon (up to 3) if you have a premium account ($) or join a platoon (no premium account required). I found you tend to win more matches with platoons then solo and TS makes a huge difference. The game does have in-chat mode but seems to be spotty. It also has an in-text mode as well.

Last edited:

Soultribunal

Staff member
Let me know when you're in Mo and I'll try and find you and play a few rounds as well.

I've got a neat little stash of tanks right now a Full Panzer 4 and Panzer 3/4 as well as a Hetzer.

German tanks are a bit underwhelming powered for whatever reasons but still fun to play.

ST

mo' power

I was able to pick up an M2 after 2 hours of play. I should be able to pick up an M3 tonight. It doesn't take long to get the hang of it.

Jackquelegs

Let me know when you're in Mo and I'll try and find you and play a few rounds as well.

I've got a neat little stash of tanks right now a Full Panzer 4 and Panzer 3/4 as well as a Hetzer.

German tanks are a bit underwhelming powered for whatever reasons but still fun to play.

ST

I moved on from my Panzer 4 just now, into a VK3601 :haha: It's so awesome

Jackquelegs

OMG..I have just fallen in love with the legendary 88mm on the VK3601. Although it literally pisses credits with each shot. I think the complete ammo refill ~50 AP round cost 15K credits.

Anywho, added. I usually play with a friend as well, let's roll out as a panzergruppe :thumb:

Latest posts