What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Buy it or make it?

Lpfan4ever

Got a build put together for you, will give it to you tomorrow. Managed to be slightly under $999, while having a better rig in my opinion. 2500k + Gigabyte P67A-UD3P-B3 + 8GB Ripjaws + MSI 560 Ti Twin Frozr

Zygote

I also say you should make it. Learning experience is a plus. If you are confused with anything, you can always ask on the forums. There is very little you can do wrong... maybe not seating your heatsink properly. Just make sure you don't CUT anything :doh:

eltiti55555

Got a build put together for you, will give it to you tomorrow. Managed to be slightly under $999, while having a better rig in my opinion. 2500k + Gigabyte P67A-UD3P-B3 + 8GB Ripjaws + MSI 560 Ti Twin Frozr

How about getting an AMD Phenom Black Edition 965 Quad Core, and then getting a motherboard that supports the six-cores for future expansions? I mean how much better is the i5 2500k in terms of performance for games and Wii/PS2 emulators?

mo' power

Both Canada Computers and NCIX does price matching. I often price match with both of them and then pick it up at my local Scarborough outlets. You could do the same as you have both CC and NCIX in Markham. Local pickup= no shipping. Building your own is the way to go.

eltiti55555

Is there really any big diff btw these 2 video cards, should i pay $12 extra for the OCed version? Can i get the same level for performance by Overclocking the regular card myself?

Regular : NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Online PC Discount Store, Buy Computer Accessories

Overclocked: NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Online PC Discount Store, Buy Computer Accessories

-----------------------------Diff Topic---------------------------------

I saw this card for about $30 more than the GTX560 ti and it seems to be a bit stronger. I read this article:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon...0-ti-review/18

and I came up with a few conclusions.

HD Radeon 6950

Pros:

+ Better performance in most games, specially at higher resolutions.

+ Lower Power Consumption.

Cons:

- Bigger, by like 1.5 inches i think.

- More noise than the GTX560.

- Gets Hotter

GTX560

Pros:

+ Smaller,Less Noisy, runs cooler.

+ Performed a bit better in some games, specially on lower resolutions

+ Cheaper (but it doesn't make that much of a diff)

+ Normally games are build for Nvidia cards? (not sure about this lol)

I would mention the cons, but it's basically the pros of the other video card lol. Anyways which one should I get? I have been an ATI fan boy all my life, so if I were to purchase this Nvidia card it would be my 1st. (I had a low-end Nvidia card before, and it sucked balls lol, GeForce 9300GS or something) Anyways I hope I can get some advice from the community.

JJThomp

Actually it doesn't really get hotter, I saw thermal imaging of nvidia cards vs. AMD cards and AMD's were cooler under load. I think it is just where nvidia puts the sensor or something because the sensors readings on the nvidia card were lower although the card was hotter.

eltiti55555

Is there really any big diff btw these 2 video cards, should i pay $12 extra for the OCed version? Can i get the same level for performance by Overclocking the regular card myself?

Regular : NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Online PC Discount Store, Buy Computer Accessories

Overclocked: NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Online PC Discount Store, Buy Computer Accessories

-----------------------------Diff Topic---------------------------------

I saw this card for about $30 more than the GTX560 ti and it seems to be a bit stronger. I read this article:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon...0-ti-review/18

and I came up with a few conclusions.

HD Radeon 6950

Pros:

+ Better performance in most games, specially at higher resolutions.

+ Lower Power Consumption.

Cons:

- Bigger, by like 1.5 inches i think.

- More noise than the GTX560.

- Gets Hotter

GTX560

Pros:

+ Smaller,Less Noisy, runs cooler.

+ Performed a bit better in some games, specially on lower resolutions

+ Cheaper (but it doesn't make that much of a diff)

+ Normally games are build for Nvidia cards? (not sure about this lol)

I would mention the cons, but it's basically the pros of the other video card lol. Anyways which one should I get? I have been an ATI fan boy all my life, so if I were to purchase this Nvidia card it would be my 1st. (I had a low-end Nvidia card before, and it sucked balls lol, GeForce 9300GS or something) Anyways I hope I can get some advice from the community.

Could I get people's opinion on this topic?? ^ :clap::haha::bananafunky::whistle::canadianwave:

Latest posts